Another elderly guard convicted

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
talk about holding a grudge.

Cant see the point in imprisoning him. I though the point of prison was to deter the criminal from repeating their actions and to protect society from criminals.

Neither of those two things are relevant in this instance. The bloke probably regrets everything that went on in that place 75 years ago and if he could change it would. He's a different person now, what's the point?

He's ninety bleeding' four for chrisssake, what do they think he might do, goose-step the streets in a nazi uniform leaking his colostomy bag contents in a public place?

Former Auschwitz Guard Reinhold Hanning Convicted on 170,000 Counts of Accessory to Murder

DETMOLD, Germany — A German judge on Friday convicted a 94-year-old former Auschwitz guard of being an accessory to 170,000 counts of murder.

Reinhold Hanning was sentenced to five years in prison by the district court of Detmold.

Presiding judge Anke Grudda said the sentence was "the least that a society can do" even though it came "very late."

Holocaust survivors and Jewish organizations quickly hailed the verdict

yeah yeah...more

Former Auschwitz Guard Reinhold Hanning Convicted on 170,000 Counts of Accessory to Murder - NBC News

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I wonder how it will be in 65 years when its the palistineans turn to do the judging

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I wonder how it will be in 65 years when its the palistineans turn to do the judging

Everbody there will be dead because it will be a nuclear wasteland. The Jews will not allow themselves to be destroyed yet one more time without big consequences.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
ah...
you miss the point about "...and justice for all" entirely

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
ah...
you miss the point about "...and justice for all" entirely

If everyone like that were put on trial, we would be on boats headed back to Europe right now. However good an idea that may be, it ain't gonna happen.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
My theory?
I was citing the PM of Israel
and I was quoting the TIMES OF ISRAEL

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Everbody there will be dead because it will be a nuclear wasteland. The Jews will not allow themselves to be destroyed yet one more time without big consequences.

If the Nuked Palestine they be nuking themselves.

Funny how the only people Locutus has compassion for are Nazi mass murderers.

As a moonbat, wannabe hippy ditz I guess you are too self absorbed to notice the others.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Funny how the only people Locutus has compassion for are Nazi mass murderers.

Yep, more important you don't want to be sending out the message to other reprobates they can inflict these atrocities and expect to spend their old age in comfort.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is he comfortable? Did he get a juicy Nazi pension and a yacht?

Makes less sense for the grandkids of victims to be doing the pursuit. How can you step into a future if you can't step out of the past?

Bingo... keeping hate alive keeps it alive on both ends.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
talk about holding a grudge.

Cant see the point in imprisoning him. I though the point of prison was to deter the criminal from repeating their actions and to protect society from criminals.

Neither of those two things are relevant in this instance. The bloke probably regrets everything that went on in that place 75 years ago and if he could change it would. He's a different person now, what's the point?

He's ninety bleeding' four for chrisssake, what do they think he might do, goose-step the streets in a nazi uniform leaking his colostomy bag contents in a public place?

Former Auschwitz Guard Reinhold Hanning Convicted on 170,000 Counts of Accessory to Murder

DETMOLD, Germany — A German judge on Friday convicted a 94-year-old former Auschwitz guard of being an accessory to 170,000 counts of murder.

Reinhold Hanning was sentenced to five years in prison by the district court of Detmold.

Presiding judge Anke Grudda said the sentence was "the least that a society can do" even though it came "very late."

Holocaust survivors and Jewish organizations quickly hailed the verdict

yeah yeah...more

Former Auschwitz Guard Reinhold Hanning Convicted on 170,000 Counts of Accessory to Murder - NBC News

The plea for lieniency, plausable deniability, get them all while there are some to be had, there's nothing to be hesitant about, it's seen to be just. However some of them will invariably become centenarians, a harder scale by a magnitude. It is common knowledge that german generals all moved to Argentina after the war.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
"I want to say that it disturbs me deeply that I was part of such a criminal organisation. "I am ashamed that I saw injustice and never did anything about it and I apologise for my actions. I am very, very sorry."

I have no stake in this 75 year-old crap either way but it's a show trial and he would never have been convicted a few years ago. nowadays if you were a cook or a Demjanjuk there it's lights out.

very soon everyone that was alive then won't be anyway.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I wonder just how much this kangaroo court thinks one low level guard could have done to prevent even one murder without becoming a victim himself?