AR-15s Flying Off the Shelves

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Not YET... but I have been inquiring.

When did the M-16 turn into the AR-15?

Maybe if we go back to calling it an M-16 we'd totally baffle the anti-gun folks and they'd say...

"Oh you have an M-16A2 and not an AR-15. Well that's different."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not YET... but I have been inquiring.

When did the M-16 turn into the AR-15?

Maybe if we go back to calling it an M-16 we'd totally baffle the anti-gun folks and they'd say...

"Oh you have an M-16A2 and not an AR-15. Well that's different."
When they made it semi only.

Wait for the binge to die down, you should be able to pick one up cheap. Try GunBroker.com.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
When they made it semi only.

Wait for the binge to die down, you should be able to pick one up cheap. Try GunBroker.com.

The M-16A2 was semi and 3 round burst.

You remember T how we didn't even have to aim them... we just point the F*ers down range and pull the trigger and 3 separate targets would drop.

(that is a crossover from another thread)

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's the gun nuts that differentiate the minutia of everyone gun. Anti-gun folks are more likely to not care about differences, think different guns are the same and ask themselves, will this thing mass murder people?

Other threads have nutcases arguing about the definition of an assault rifle. That's not the point.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The M-16A2 was semi and 3 round burst.

You remember T how we didn't even have to aim them... we just point the F*ers down range and pull the trigger and 3 separate targets would drop.
Sure. Cuz the M-16 was magical. Heck, you didn't even have to pick it up. It'd go out and find a schoolyard full of kids to kill all by its ownsome.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's the gun nuts that differentiate the minutia of everyone gun. Anti-gun folks are more likely to not care about differences, think different guns are the same and ask themselves, will this thing mass murder people?

Other threads have nutcases arguing about the definition of an assault rifle. That's not the point.

Well I guess the point of THIS thread is AR-15s are flying off the shelves... once again. Whenever they threaten to ban that gun thousands more are sold.

As to the drifting part of this thread... me and T-Bones were teenage killers (as Eleanore Roosevelt is supposed to have called members of the military once... that could be a legend though) and we are just talking shop.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You'll have to forgive us, Cord. Old soldiers and all. Feel free to continue calling a MAK-90 an "assault weapon."

Try this for a sidearm, Eagle. It's Fluttershy approved.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
M-16 is the military (automatic) derivative of the Armalite designed, Colt-built AR 15

Did you know that there are two AR-15 derivatives designed and manufactured in Ontario that are exported around he World? They are so well thought of that one version is the weapon of choice by the British SAS? I doubt that you can pick one up at the Gunz'R Us Drive Thru in Amarillo but down in Wicky-Wacky land, anything is possible.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Did you know that there are two AR-15 derivatives designed and manufactured in Ontario that are exported around he World? They are so well thought of that one version is the weapon of choice by the British SAS? I doubt that you can pick one up at the Gunz'R Us Drive Thru in Amarillo but down in Wicky-Wacky land, anything is possible.

Did you also realize that the manufacturer of these wonderful rifles is about to release a civilian sporting model to Canadians?

Yah!

Out of my price range, unfortunately.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Did you also realize that the manufacturer of these wonderful rifles is about to release a civilian sporting model to Canadians?

Yah!

Out of my price range, unfortunately.

So, trade in the old Winchester 70 for a C7 and cut off Bambi's Grandpa's legs with a short burst or two?

Sporting model ...

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I don't need one of those, for what? hunting, any hunter knows that it would be ludicrous. It's natural for people wanting to protect themselves on an equal playing field, so it makes sense that people in the LGBT community are buying guns. They were targeted by a person who would never accept the LGBT lifestyle; matter a factly, many other things would not have been accepted by this repressed gay hypocrite. I wonder what part of our politicians; logic said, "let's bring people that throw LGBT off building, or burn them and please can you hold the door open for the figure hidden from head to toe behind this man." The west lifestyles can never be fully accepted by some.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
So, trade in the old Winchester 70 for a C7 and cut off Bambi's Grandpa's legs with a short burst or two?

Sporting model ...

It would take three brand new Model 70s to pay for it..........if my guess on price is correct.

No burst fire.....semi-auto.

And restricted.

And with 5 round mags.

Reality is a wonderful thing. You should try and get a grasp of it.

I don't need one of those, for what? hunting, any hunter knows that it would be ludicrous. It's natural for people wanting to protect themselves on an equal playing field, so it makes sense that people in the LGBT community are buying guns. They were targeted by a person who would never accept the LGBT lifestyle; matter a factly, many other things would not have been accepted by this repressed gay hypocrite. I wonder what part of our politicians; logic said, "let's bring people that throw LGBT off building, or burn them and please can you hold the door open for the figure hidden from head to toe behind this man." The west lifestyles can never be fully accepted by some.

Absolutely perfect coyote rifle.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It would take three brand new Model 70s to pay for it..........if my guess on price is correct.

No burst fire.....semi-auto.

And restricted.

And with 5 round mags.

Reality is a wonderful thing. You should try and get a grasp of it.

Absolutely perfect coyote rifle.

So, It's a limp-wristed, gelded version of the C7 for poseurs, not a "real" one? What's the calibre going to be? .22 ?

They won't like that down in Merica.