Hockey legend Gordie Howe passes away at age 88

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Gordie Howe passed away this morning. He was 88.

He died surrounded by family at his son Murray's house in Ohio, just before 8 a.m. this morning, a source close to the family confirmed.

More to come...

Hockey legend Gordie Howe passes away at age 88 - Sportsnet.ca

Gordie Howe, 'Mr. Hockey,' dead at 88 | CTV News

Gordie Howe dead at 88 - National | Globalnews.ca

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Had the sharpest elbows in the NHL. Toughest player ever. RIP

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
we took our daughters many years ago to a game in Vancouver when he was playing in the world hockey
league, my daughter's friend exclaimed when she saw him on the ice, "awe, look at that old guy with
the grey hair", well we all laughed and said, "that is gordie howe, he is one of the greatest hockey
players of all time.

I remember watching him from a little girls perspective right up to his retirement, then the great
relationship between he and wayne gretzky, and wayne had lots to say about him today.

anyway, he almost left us a couple of years ago, went to mexico for stem cell treatment, which vastly
improved his health, gave him more time.

farewell gordie, R I P

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Sportsnet Central did a tribute to Mr Hockey tonight that moved me to tears and brought back so many wonderful memories. I grew up in Saskatchewan and everyone knew about Gordie Howe whether they were hockey fans or not - we were a hockey family and it was a big family and we all thought the world of him and the fact that he was a prairie person just like us.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The Gordie Howe Hat Trick - a goal, an assist and a fight. Fare Thee Well, Gordie

Total number of GHHT that he got............. 3.

It's said that getting goals and assists was not an issue, the problem was that no one wanted to fight the man.

His son stated that the GHHT SHOULD have been, a goal, an assist, and a cross check to the face.

Rest in Peace.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
At least going to Mexico to get stem cell treatments extended his life a little...
maybe we should have that here where Hockey is played

RIP GH