'I can't believe the size of it': Ottawa sinkhole collapses road, forces evacuations

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
'I can't believe the size of it': Ottawa sinkhole collapses road, forces evacuations

No, we are not talking about Donald Trumps incredibly small hands..

A giant sinkhole opened up next to a major shopping mall in downtown Ottawa on Wednesday, causing a gas leak, collapsing a street and forcing the evacuation of all nearby businesses.

Massive sinkhole closes Rideau Street in downtown Ottawa - Ottawa - CBC News

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I"ve walked/driven over that point hundreds of times. It's one of the main routes to Parliament.

The photo is taken from the Chateau Laurier Hotel.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
If you want the insurance money on the machiery rather than the non existant contracts to pour, then it might be considered smart to have them exactly as they are, they fall into the hole you make money, cha-ching, cha-ching

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There would need to be one from James Bay to the GOM before the area would be recognized as an active subduction zone

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
If you turn left and go up that street by the CIBC branch for a couple of hundred yards, you will hit the Royal Canadian Mint on the port bow.

Perhaps, they accidentally stumbled on someone's tunnel?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Do they know parking that many loaded cement trucks that close together on possibly unstable ground is an insurance claim waiting to happen?