Fort McMurray fire "mostly likely human caused": Official

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
you mean it wasn't 'globul warming'? holy crap. :lol:

Monday, June 6, 2016, 10:43 AM - The fire that burned approximately 10 per cent of structures in Fort McMurray, Alta., and forced almost 90,000 residents to flee north and south last month, continues to rage out of control in the northern Prairies, but officials are closer to determining a cause of the devastating blaze.

Though not currently a threat to any major settlements, evacuees returning to the city this week may have their homecoming tainted with some bitter news: The fire that threatened their homes may have had a human cause.

That's according to comments made to the Globe and Mail by Alberta's senior wildfire manager, Chad Morrison, who said Saturday that though the fire remains under investigation, it was probably attributable to humans.

"Human-caused really means anything other than lightning. It’s most likely human caused, but we’re continuing to investigate,” Morrison told the newspaper.

Paul Spring, a helicopter pilot with experience fighting fire, seems to agree with Morrison, according to comments made to both the Globe and the Edmonton Journal. Spring told the newspapers the skies were clear the weekend the fire sparked, and no lightning was detected.

mo

News - Fort McMurray fire "mostly likely human caused": Official - The Weather Network

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
So "man made" means anything other then the cause is man maid...?
like not only do we have AGW we also have GLBT too
yay!
not only do we have to worry about lightening starting fires
apparently rainbows start 'em too

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
What piffle. I'm 100% sure gullibull warming caused the spontaneous ignition of the forest and if you don't agree with me, then you obviously know nothing about science.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So God didn't burn all those houses an arson did. How does that affect the insurance claims? Government pays the cost rather than the insurance companies??

What piffle. I'm 100% sure gullibull warming caused the spontaneous ignition of the forest and if you don't agree with me, then you obviously know nothing about science.
Or clear glass bottles tossed from a vehicle, sorry magnifying glass.