Egypt Air Flight goes Missing

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Plane crash in Mediterranean with 66 people on board

Thankfully it was a very small plane.

EgyptAir flight crashes in Mediterranean with 66 on board

CAIRO, Egypt (AFP) – An EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo crashed into the Mediterranean on Thursday with 66 people on board prompting an investigation into whether it was mechanical failure or a bomb.

There were no immediate reports of the discovery of any debris in the area of sea between the Greek islands and the Egyptian coast where the plane vanished from radar screens.

But French President Francois Hollande confirmed that the plane had "crashed" and the Paris prosecutor's office said its accident department had opened an investigation.

The plane fell 22,000 feet and swerved sharply in Egyptian airspace before it disappeared from radar screens, Greek Defence Minister Panos Kammenos told a news conference.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile...ght-crashes-in-Mediterranean-with-66-on-board

Apparently it was terrorism.

Oh well.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Re: Plane crash in Mediterranean with 66 people on board

Well we certainly haven't seen him for a while, so.....

Hey, where's Boomer?

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Airports seems to have been an employer of choice for many. It started as nepotism (same as the Canadian Government) and the willingness of airport security personnel to allow it. I've travelled extensively and I can say that 'all' airports need to now take that politically incorrect stance of evaluating their staff. These staff are able to provide security information, loopholes, bring in packages themselves, etc.. ...so as unpleasant as the task is, airport authorities need to check their staff. If this crash is unrelated, then good, but the issue is still there.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I fail to see why you found it necessary to post this mentalfloss considering that I already did so last night when it was first reported.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

There was probably a scuffle in the cockpit

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

I fail to see why you found it necessary to post this mentalfloss considering that I already did so last night when it was first reported.

Scanned the first page and didn't see it this morning.

I agree to let this one die or merge.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
This is probably irrelevant optimism, but here's hoping that there are some survivors.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
The absence of any radio or alarm signals indicates whatever happened was sudden and catastrophic. I do hope the plane can be located and the flight recorders retrieved and hopefully find out exactly what occured,

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Well we certainly haven't seen him for a while, so.....

Hey, where's Boomer?

He was in the H of C yesterday, mentalfloss............taking in all the action. :smile:

The absence of any radio or alarm signals indicates whatever happened was sudden and catastrophic. I do hope the plane can be located and the flight recorders retrieved and hopefully find out exactly what occured,

CNN headline just now; "U.S. Official's Early Theory Is That Bomb Took Down Plane."

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Now's the time to listen to the song "Going Down" by Suffolk alternative rockers A, from their 2002 album "Hi-Fi Serious."

Some of the lyrics:

"I'm in the sh*t, knee dip in it,
I know that this might hurt a bit,
I leave my debts, but no regrets,
Except I wish I took the train."

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
1 Canadian aboard.. :(

Of course early this morning, following news of the tragic crash of yet another airplane, Donald Trump was the first to suggest that the catastrophe was the result of "yet another terrorist attack"...

I personally think it was mechanical failure, because if a terrorist wanted to take down a plan out of Paris, why not take down a American Airlines or United plan, with a lot more than 68 passengers..

If is was terrorism, they sure didn't pick a "Terrorist Rich" target.

That being said, Trump would be so trigger happy to get the USA into another war over unsubstantiated claims, a loose canon.

As of May 29, 2012, according to the U.S. Department of Defense casualty website, there were 4,425 total deaths (including both killed in action and non-hostile) and 32,223 wounded in action (WIA) as a result of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Never Forget!! Anybody but Trump.