How the Hell does this work?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"De Grood, 24, pleaded not guilty yesterday, on the first day of his trial, to five counts of first-degree murder, but he admitted he stabbed the victims — Lawrence Hong, 27, Joshua Hunter, 23, Kaitlin Perras, 23, Zackariah Rathwell, 21, and Jordan Segura, 22 — at a house party in Calgary's Brentwood neighbourhood in April 2014."

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
"De Grood, 24, pleaded not guilty yesterday, on the first day of his trial, to five counts of first-degree murder, but he admitted he stabbed the victims — Lawrence Hong, 27, Joshua Hunter, 23, Kaitlin Perras, 23, Zackariah Rathwell, 21, and Jordan Segura, 22 — at a house party in Calgary's Brentwood neighbourhood in April 2014."

You're kidding, right? You can't be that fu cking stupid that you don't understand his plea.

Here's the entire quote, rather than the snippit, numbnuts provided. Including a link to the article.

Hours before he stabbed five people to death at a house party, Matthew de Grood sent ominous messages and told friends he thought the end of the world was imminent, court heard as his murder trial began Monday.

De Grood, who had garlic stuffed inside his clothing at the time of his arrest, posted messages online talking about killing vampires, according to an agreed statement of facts.

The 24-year-old pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree murder but did admit he stabbed the victims — Lawrence Hong, 27, Joshua Hunter, 23, Kaitlin Perras, 23, Zackariah Rathwell, 21, and Jordan Segura, 22 — at a home in the northwest Calgary community of Brentwood, in April 2014, causing their deaths.

De Grood's legal team is expected to present a not criminally responsible defence.

The trial is being held in Court of Queen's Bench in front of a judge alone.

Matthew de Grood spoke of the apocalypse and killing vampires before he stabbed 5 people, court hears - Calgary - CBC News

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
You're kidding, right? You can't be that fu cking stupid that you don't understand his plea.

Here's the entire quote, rather than the snippit, numbnuts provided. Including a link to the article.

Hours before he stabbed five people to death at a house party, Matthew de Grood sent ominous messages and told friends he thought the end of the world was imminent, court heard as his murder trial began Monday.

De Grood, who had garlic stuffed inside his clothing at the time of his arrest, posted messages online talking about killing vampires, according to an agreed statement of facts.

The 24-year-old pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree murder but did admit he stabbed the victims — Lawrence Hong, 27, Joshua Hunter, 23, Kaitlin Perras, 23, Zackariah Rathwell, 21, and Jordan Segura, 22 — at a home in the northwest Calgary community of Brentwood, in April 2014, causing their deaths.

De Grood's legal team is expected to present a not criminally responsible defence.

The trial is being held in Court of Queen's Bench in front of a judge alone.

Matthew de Grood spoke of the apocalypse and killing vampires before he stabbed 5 people, court hears - Calgary - CBC News
Pudney's a genius no question about it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, kind of makes you wonder what Pudney thinks he would have to have done to be guilty! I always thought "guilty" meant you did the crime. :) :) :)

You do understand that guilt is determined by the court system don't you? A defendant (assumed innocent) is allowed to plea any way he/she chooses. He/she is not deemed guilty unless a judge or jury finds him so.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Yep - the judge will find him NCR and he'll be out in a matter of months/years.

What I find difficult to understand is why no one "picked up" on the fact he might have been a little looney and perhaps done something about it BEFORE 5 lives were lost. I honestly believe its because being PC is now so instilled in us that we're scared to do or say anything that might be offensive thereby not doing many people, especially ones exhibiting MH issues, any service.

JMHO

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

What I find difficult to understand is why no one "picked up" on the fact he might have been a little looney and perhaps done something about it BEFORE 5 lives were lost. I honestly believe its because being PC is now so instilled in us that we're scared to do or say anything that might be offensive thereby not doing many people, especially ones exhibiting MH issues, any service.

JMHO

We must respect the rights of the crazy people. We can't even make them take their pills.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

JMHO

I'm pretty sure his parents were thinking of having him committed, but hadn't quite made that step.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You do understand that guilt is determined by the court system don't you? A defendant (assumed innocent) is allowed to plea any way he/she chooses. He/she is not deemed guilty unless a judge or jury finds him so.

I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night. I know the procedure, but it's not customary for the defendant to plead not guilty and then admit he's guilty. You can't have it both ways!

JMHO

Right on Dixie.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night. I know the procedure, but it's not customary for the defendant to plead not guilty and then admit he's guilty. You can't have it both ways!

In this case he is pleading not guilty and the reason is insanity or diminished capacity. Same as the guy on the bus.

But for arguments sake, lets say he did plea not guilty and then admitted to stabbing them. This would make the juries work pretty simple. But he does not have to plead guilty even if he is and has admitted it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Pudney fancies himself as an internet warrior/bully. My guess is he got his azz beat on a regular basis in grammar school.

What I find saddest is he doesn't have an inkling on how his behaviour detracts from his credibility. People don't need their throats stepped on every time someone disagrees with their opinion.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
What I find saddest is he doesn't have an inkling on how his behaviour detracts from his credibility. People don't need their throats stepped on every time someone disagrees with their opinion.
Doesn't posess one ounce of emotional intelligence. A loud mouth self absorbed idiot who gets off building himself up at the expense of others which, quite honestly displays his degree of stupidity which is substantial.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Doesn't posess one ounce of emotional intelligence. A loud mouth self absorbed idiot who gets off building himself up at the expense of others which, quite honestly displays his degree of stupidity which is substantial.

Can you clarify how what you and JLM are doing in this thread is any different?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Can you clarify how what you and JLM are doing in this thread is any different?
I can. JLM is demonstrating his ignorance of the law, apparently in support of the proposition that his "gut feeling" and limited knowledge of the case should prevail.

Ludlow is abusing JLM's mental and emotional capacity.

Hope that helped.