For first time, B.C. has country’s lowest jobless rate

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
For first time, B.C. has country’s lowest jobless rate

British Columbia has much to cheer about in the latest jobs report from Statistics Canada.

Its unemployment rate is now the lowest among provinces for the first time on record, dropping to 5.8 per cent in April from March’s 6.5 per cent.

Further, B.C. is the provincial leader in net job creation over the past year.

Source: For first time, B.C. has country’s lowest jobless rate - The Globe and Mail

////////////////////////////////

Go BC!!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
That's 'cause all of those illegal dope growers out in BC are registering themselves as farmers in anticipation of legalization, and therefore they now have real jobs.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"B.C. lost 7,900 jobs in the month (January), according to Statistics Canada, with most of the losses—6,200 positions—in full-time work. The unemployment rate increased five ticks over the month to 6.7%. Year-over-year, the picture isn’t quite as bleak; the province added 51,600 jobs in 2015 – but most of these were in part-time work."
https://www.biv.com/article/2016/1/bc-loses-almost-8000-jobs-december-unemployment-ra/
Some say you shouldn't list part time as a real job
...and what if there was a graph for "full time jobs that will pay a mortgage"...?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"B.C. lost 7,900 jobs in the month (January), according to Statistics Canada, with most of the losses—6,200 positions—in full-time work. The unemployment rate increased five ticks over the month to 6.7%. Year-over-year, the picture isn’t quite as bleak; the province added 51,600 jobs in 2015 – but most of these were in part-time work."
https://www.biv.com/article/2016/1/bc-loses-almost-8000-jobs-december-unemployment-ra/
Some say you shouldn't list part time as a real job
...and what if there was a graph for "full time jobs that will pay a mortgage"...?

Why devalue part time jobs? P.T. jobs are perfect for a lot of people who are winding down and are already collecting C.P.P. and the O.A.P.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
My cities jobless rate is 8.6%, highest in Ontario... Were #1!!!!!.... F@ck...Not again... :(

All my city has now is minimum wage jobs, and even the construction business is flooded with laid off miners... Thefts are through the roof. I got a job after school, not minimum wage, kinda not in my field of studies but i took it because beggars cant be choosers. And im one of the LUCKY ones!!!!

Why devalue part time jobs? P.T. jobs are perfect for a lot of people who are winding down and are already collecting C.P.P. and the O.A.P.

And for those who are starting up, part time work is horrible way to get the base and/or equity needed to start a life with a house or a family... Thats why people devalue part time work cause they are mostly minimum wage jobs.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thank you Christy Clark.

Thank You ActionPlan and the Asia Pacific Gateway mega projects.

The same week Clark announced LNG projects, so did Louisiana.

Louisiana's opened a month and a bit ago instantly turning profits from the EU and weakening the Gazprom Monopoly on the EU.

She has borrowed future earnings but hasn't exported a CBM.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My cities jobless rate is 8.6%, highest in Ontario... Were #1!!!!!.... F@ck...Not again... :(

All my city has now is minimum wage jobs, and even the construction business is flooded with laid off miners... Thefts are through the roof. I got a job after school, not minimum wage, kinda not in my field of studies but i took it because beggars cant be choosers. And im one of the LUCKY ones!!!!

And for those who are starting up, part time work is horrible way to get the base and/or equity needed to start a life with a house or a family... Thats why people devalue part time work cause they are mostly minimum wage jobs.

Agreed but they are fine for a certain segment of the population...................people with other income and have other needs besides a huge amount of money.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
We should commission a ribben in honour of the great occasion. That's a province who knows how to draw an oar.

We will all sail over the hum,p with them, uf we observe and record.

Thank You ActionPlan and the Asia Pacific Gateway mega projects.

The same week Clark announced LNG projects, so did Louisiana.

Louisiana's opened a month and a bit ago instantly turning profits from the EU and weakening the Gazprom Monopoly on the EU.

She has borrowed future earnings but hasn't exported a CBM.
Gazprom has by far the better weapons systems. good luck, may god be with you

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
pointing out that a pt job is not the same as a ft job for value is not denigration...
it's just a fact.
like saying ans APPLE is not an ORANGE
No taxes out or benefits in for you Orange!

...and if we have to support people who actually have a job,
there ain't much point in having a job now is there?
Might as well still be living in Mom's basement.

Last edited: