A really stupid by law!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I agree. Mature trees can have a huge root system that can cause problems with sewer lines. Having said that I do have a problem with people just arbitrarily cutting down trees 'cuz they can.

JMO

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The trees were there first, man. Figure out a way to work around them.

Which has got f**k all to do with anything. Leprosy was here first too. Trees fall over and kill innocent people, dead limbs fall off trees and knock out power installations, roots cause havoc to water systems. I love trees in their place and time, but I don't stick my nose into other people's trees! :)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Which has got f**k all to do with anything. Leprosy was here first too. Trees fall over and kill innocent people, dead limbs fall off trees and knock out power installations, roots cause havoc to water systems. I love trees in their place and time, but I don't stick my nose into other people's trees! :)

I say that because I just had to cut down twelve, fully mature Ash trees from our back yard becuase the Emerald Ash Borer killed them. I went from living in a hardwood forested glade (you don't have any of those out there) to living on a flipping prairie in an afternoon!

Bummer. It's depressing, seeing millions (Just in our own county) of trees being removed. You won't miss them until they are gone, man.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I say that because I just had to cut down twelve, fully mature Ash trees from our back yard becuase the Emerald Ash Borer killed them. I went from living in a hardwood forested glade (you don't have any of those out there) to living on a flipping prairie in an afternoon!

Bummer. It's depressing, seeing millions (Just in our own county) of trees being removed. You won't miss them until they are gone, man.

In BC we replant what we log. Unlike in the cities where they kill trees to build strip malls and pave farmland.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
save the whales

Whales can save themselves from a combination of natural propagation and a limit on harvesting. (Maybe Watson could feed a whale for a day) :)

In BC we replant what we log. Unlike in the cities where they kill trees to build strip malls and pave farmland.

I hear you but you have to convince the tree huggers that old growth can be replaced with second growth.