Those Moderate Refugees!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
By Kate on April 9, 2016 3:51 PM | 17 Comments

Cologne;
Missy said her daughter, who is in Grade 3, was choked on Monday and Thursday last week by two refugee boys. A chain was used on both occasions, but she cannot confirm the size or strength of the chain. She said one boy yelled "Muslims rule the world" while choking her daughter. School staff intervened, but to her knowledge, the students were not disciplined further.
Just kidding! Halifax.

Parents worried over school kids’ brutality at Chebucto Heights Elementary School | The Chronicle Herald

#sunny

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Easy way to find terrorists adults. Look at the kids behaviour. This should be reported to child services and child services should report this to the police and the police to home land security.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Cologne;
Missy said her daughter, who is in Grade 3, was choked on Monday and Thursday last week by two refugee boys. A chain was used on both occasions, but she cannot confirm the size or strength of the chain. She said one boy yelled "Muslims rule the world" while choking her daughter. School staff intervened, but to her knowledge, the students were not disciplined further.
Just kidding! Halifax.

Parents worried over school kids’ brutality at Chebucto Heights Elementary School | The Chronicle Herald

#sunny

Damn those kids learnt English fast! They just got here.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Cologne;
Just kidding! Halifax.

#sunny

Over the weekend, the Halifax Chronicle-Herald published a shocking report that newly arrived Syrian “refugees” at Chebucto Heights Elementary School were beating up Canadian students.

Canadian kids were being bullied, even choked by Muslim students, who made throat-slitting gestures. And the school was hiding all of this from the public, even from parents.

Not surprisingly, the news story went viral.

But soon the Chronicle-Herald started making changes to their story, taking out key facts. Then they just deleted the story entirely from their website — replacing it with a short note explaining that the subject was too sensitive.

And then this morning, they published yet another alibi, explaining that one of the reasons they took the story down was that “anti-Muslim groups” had been “sharing the article”. So they decided to do what the school had been doing: cover it up.

Even as they admitted that a fourth witness had come forward.

What’s really going on in Halifax? Why are journalists hiding the news instead of reporting it?

The Chronicle-Herald’s bizarre attempt to un-tell the story says there’s a lot of pressure on them to shut up.

When it comes to Syrian “refugees”, I simply refuse to trust the mainstream media anymore.

So we sent one of our top reporters, Faith Goldy, to Halifax to get the facts directly. Not through the filter of the mainstream media.

Faith and our cameraman arrived late last night, and they got straight to work. Their mission: to find out whatever the truth is, and report it. No censorship. No political correctness.

Click here to watch Faith’s first report from the scene. And answer me this: who do you trust to tell you the truth — Faith, or the politically correct editors of the Halifax Chronicle-Herald?

“I’m in Halifax to bring you the truth� about reports of Muslim refugees bullying children — stories that went viral before they were DELETED - The Rebel

I'm in Halifax, Nova Scotia to get to the bottom of story that's making international news. This weekend, TheRebel.media told you about a news story in the Chronicle Herald, containing a mother's claim that her Grade Three daughter had been attacked by refugee students who had allegedly said, "Muslims rule the world."

That version of the story was later altered on the paper's website with no explanation.

Then it was replaced by an apologetic editorial statement -- the most politically correct statement of its kind I've ever seen in the media.
(Since I filmed my report, above, the Chronicle Herald has replaced that statement with ANOTHER statement, which I'll report on later today.)

I'm in Halifax to seek the truth.

Frankly, I'd prefer to find out that children were not being hurt and that newcomers are assimilating to their new home -- who wouldn't?
But ultimately, I'm here to get the facts and will bring them to you.

Stay tuned.

“I’m in Halifax to bring you the truth� about reports of Muslim refugees bullying children — stories that went viral before they were DELETED - The Rebel

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The only thing that is amazing is that the people that forced all these refugees on us didn't see this coming despite what they were told. PC wimps are going to destroy our country.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
A story of "progressive" sour grapes.....................................................

LOWE: I had to give up column after refugee story

I won’t say I’ll never work for a paper that has made a monster-sized mistake. If I stuck to that principle, I’d never get paid to write. Every journalist, every editor and every publication sometimes falls wide of the mark. Some more, some less. Me, included.
But none I’ve worked for have gotten it wrong the way this paper got it wrong with the story about refugee children at Chebucto Heights Elementary School.
It gnawed at me all weekend. It gnawed at so many of you.
Until I read that story, I had always felt proud of being a Herald columnist. I am into my seventh year writing a weekly opinion piece.
Up to the very moment I read that story, I was grateful to be a writer in the paper of record, and a progressive, feminist voice, at that. I gave the Herald credit for making space for someone whose viewpoints clearly often clashed with the core beliefs of many of its readers.
But, man, it gnawed.
I asked Sunday about the plan to address the wrongs and the damage. I realized Monday when I opened my paper that no response was going to shake that story from my conscience. No retraction or apology was going to change the way I felt.
I resigned as soon as my editor got to the office.
Don’t mistake me. The subject is entirely relevant as a topic of journalistic inquiry: How are refugee children fitting in socially at school? How are they coping with the trauma they may have witnessed or experienced? How are refugee children affecting the culture of Halifax schools?
But the Chebucto Heights story didn’t ask any of those questions. Or, at least, not in a useful, meaningful or conscionable way.
Its faults are journalistic — unsubstantiated claims, anonymous sources and an anonymous writer. Its prevailing damage is social — it is outright, unchecked victimization of the already victimized. When I write, I ask myself: what if I were the subject of this story? How would I feel? And even if I didn’t like it, could I at least agree, with a pouty face, that the reporting was fair?
I doubt any parent of a refugee child at Chebucto Heights, or any other Nova Scotia school that’s been lucky enough to have these kids join their communities and enrich their classrooms, felt that story was fair play.
And, sure, bad journalism happens.
But more is at stake with this story. It’s not one person being maligned for a verified deed.
The story lays bare the worst of the worst xenophobia in our city and our province. It lacks all proportion. Balance eludes it, start to finish.
Journalists and citizen journalists alike have a responsibility to recognize and manage the great power they hold. That didn’t happen, here. Not even close.
I feel profound sadness leaving the paper. I will miss news editors who were kind and nurturing. I will miss copy-desk editors who made me a better writer and saved me, wholesale, from my own embarrassing mistakes.
I will miss readers most of all.
Writing in a province-wide paper is a privilege I did not take for granted. I was reminded of the unique delight every time I received an email, a letter or a card. (Ironic, isn’t it, that what turned out to be my final column was about letters from readers?)
Cranky, happy — every piece of feedback is a reminder that journalism matters in people’s lives.
And every story that gets written and published either builds journalism up, or tears it, nick by tiny nick, down.

LOWE: I had to give up column after refugee story | The Chronicle Herald

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
A "progressive" who kept working during a fellow workers' strike and tried to validate it on twitter...

What a twit....

Lezlie Lowe

21 hrs ·

Why was I writing for the Chronicle Herald during the strike?
Seems a pressing question, doesn’t it? But it’s one few people have bothered to ask me.
I can count on one hand the number of folks who’ve contacted me by social media, phone and in person to ask me why I stuck with my column when reporters, photographers and some editors at the Herald went on strike January 22 at midnight. (Anonymous taunts and re-Tweets, I completely ignored. I won’t donate my energy to negativity.)
For anyone who asked me directly and honestly, I took the time and care to respond individually.
The crux of it? I had a written contractual obligation to fulfill my one-column-a-week job. I refused from the get-go to do the work of striking reporters. Which is to say, had I been asked, I would have said no. I was never asked.
I filed my column. No more. No less. Just like I had since January 2010.
I don’t enjoy the protection of the Halifax Typographical Union (HTU). I never had the option of paying dues and becoming a member. The union doesn’t include freelancers. Other unions represent freelancers; none had a horse in this race.
Being non-union has never bothered me. I freelance because I relish the flexibility. One cost of that is not having the same protection as full-timers — no benefits, no vacation pay, no sick days. Because I’m not in the union, I can’t stop work and expect to get strike pay. I can’t expect to come back to my job if and when the strike is resolved.
The HTU asked me, and all other columnists and freelancers, in a Jan. 7 open letter, to “avoid getting involved” in the about-to-boil-over labour dispute.
“Make it known that you will not file material or take new assignments until we are back at work with a contract in hand,” the letter urged.
That’s not avoiding involvement. That’s joining the strike.
The HTU was asking me to quit my non-unionized job to allow union members to have a better stab at keeping theirs.
That was beyond the bounds of solidarity for me.
For other columnists, it wasn’t. I know colleagues who quit automatically, because they were willing to forego their long-term prospects at the Herald to support the reporters, editors and photographers. I respect that decision. It doesn’t match mine, but I respect it.
I’ve read it argued that columnists ought to stand with the union because it’s the only option that supports quality journalism.
I believe deeply in the importance of journalism. I believe that sometimes, journalists have to take a stand against bad journalistic practices.
That argument forms the foundation of why I resigned from the Herald on Monday, after the April 9 publication of the story about refugee children at Chebucto Heights Elementary School.
See, it’s not that I would never quit my column on principle. It’s that quitting at the behest of the HTU, and in alignment with the HTU’s principles, didn’t sit right with me. And that goes regardless of how I felt then, or feel now, about the strike.
And about the strike — I think part of the backlash around my decision to keep writing has happened because people automatically assumed I would halt my column. Because I am a lefty.
Look, I don’t make decisions — and definitely not one as serious as this — based on the dogma of political leanings. I think things through. I don’t act on impulse.
I have mulled over this shambles forward and backward and I don’t know who’s right in the fight. Honestly, I don’t.
But I do know no one holds a monopoly on virtue. I have witnessed damaging behaviour from both sides since January. The Herald’s by-line moratorium is a disaster for accountability and transparency; the HTU’s personal attacks have degraded the conversation around why those reporters and editors and photographers that are out on the line — who represent some of the best and most dogged journalists in the province — need to be back practicing their craft.
Neither side is behaving well, here. Neither will escape unscathed. But it’s readers, the by-standers in this two-sided battle, who’ll suffer worst if the union stays on the line and the paper fades to irrelevance, or management remakes the Herald as a shadow of its once-solid self.
And all of this is a lot more pressing, I can say for sure, than the position of a once-a-week columnist.

https://www.facebook.com/lezlielowejournalist/posts/204266019955280

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
All one need to do is look at Boko Haram... Brainwashing youth is a thing, albeit a small but effective thang. Hopefully these kids watch enough Seinfeld and hello kitty episodes to encourage a change of thought. If that doesnt happen then they will become enemies of our society in a black and white sense.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
All one need to do is look at Boko Haram... Brainwashing youth is a thing, albeit a small but effective thang. Hopefully these kids watch enough Seinfeld and hello kitty episodes to encourage a change of thought. If that doesnt happen then they will become enemies of our society in a black and white sense.

of course they will.

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
someone will come and destroy your house and then cuts your daughter's head off in front of you then you escape from your birthplace to survive your life then others call you murderer or terrorist while they tell others some royal stories about Human rights , after these events , come to speak about moderate person

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Trump is the Greatest!!!

When Trump gets to be Pres, all the muzzies will want to immigrate to the US.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
someone will come and destroy your house and then cuts your daughter's head off in front of you then you escape from your birthplace to survive your life then others call you murderer or terrorist while they tell others some royal stories about Human rights , after these events , come to speak about moderate person

Who is this farkin idiot?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Canadian kids were being bullied, even choked by Muslim students, who made throat-slitting gestures. And the school was hiding all of this from the public, even from parents.

Impossible! DamnGrumpy said you guys were getting all the Christians and Kurds!