A good reminder of why we shouldn't too quick to judge.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Oh my, talk about a low blow. There's nothing that carries a stigma like a sexual predator who targets children, and same sex children is just icing on the cake.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
My guess is, this man has been a dick head in some shape or form for someone to go out of his way to do this to him.

Possible. But then again, not necessarily. The perpetrator could also just be sick in the head.

Again, a reminder why we shouldn't judge what we don't know.

This reminds me of a case I know of a year ago.

The police raided a house to investigate human trafficking. One officer cleared the upstairs, knocked on a door, and was greeted by a woman and a man. He was putting on his clothes and a condom was lying on the floor.

The officer took the man aside and lectured him about the criminality of his behaviour and then let him go. Without asking the man about his interactions in the room with the woman, he arrested her and transfered her to the CBSA for removal for having worked in Canada without a visa.

The woman denied her guilt of the charge against her. This alone should have given the police and the CBSA some food for thought. To be found in such incriminating circumstances and to dare deny her guilt, she would have had to have been really stupid, really daring, both, or really innocent.

Neither the police nor the CBSA clued in to how odd it was for her to insist on her innocence when intercepted in such incriminating circumstances. The CBSA charged her and began the removal process, probably taking her denial as a bluff, and they called it.

Sure enough, she got a lawyer. She explained why she was there. She was visiting a friend of a friend to cook her lunch for her birthday.

Though she knew this person suffered gambling addiction, she did not know she worked as a sex worker.

She explained that later on this person answered the door and took someone upstairs but gave it no thought and stayed in the kitchen with others who she insists were reasonably dressed giving no indication that they were sex workers.

She later needed to use the washroom and they directed her upstairs. She learnt that the police had entered the house when she had exited the washroom. Her friend told her to get the iPad she'd leant her in her room in the closet before the police take it.

The person, confused and having left her powerful prescription glasses downstairs, dashed into the room with the door closing automatically behind her to reach for the iPad in the closet. She heard a knock on the door, then heard a man in the room say something, turned around and noticed him, and opened the door to greet the officer.

She had trustworthy alibis who could vouch for her whereabouts during most of her stay in Canada including the morning of her arrest. At her bond hearing, she'd proved many of the CBSA officer's statements to have been false. The officer's report claimed that the defendant did not know her fiancé's last name, where he lived, and any local tourist spot. She had proved all of these statements false. Her fiancé could also confirm that the phone number she had given the officer was indeed his but the officer never tried to call him.

At her admissibility hearing, she'd challenged the CBSA to present any witness against her. Given that the police report had recorded the man intercepted in the room with her to have admitted to paying for sex, and that the report indicated his name and driver licence information so as to make it easy to find him, this should have been easy. The Minister's Counsel refused, saying the defendant would have to go through the Access to Information Act to get his name.

The defendant later proved on a balance of probabilities that the police statement about her wearing lingerie and no bottoms was fabricated. She had major scars from a car accident covered in tattoos and wanted to call the arresting officer as a witness to identify what he saw if she was indeed dressed like that, and was herself willing to have a female officer verify her claim in a private room to testify it. Again,the Minister's counsel obliged her to go through the Access to Information Act if she wanted to get the arresting officer's name!

The judge not only found the defendant not guilty guilt but had even accused the CBSA of having clearly engaged in racial profiling.

Just goes to show that things aren't always what they seem.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Back like 9 years ago we seen this guy on the street straight up chop a girl in the face.... He saw us and ran, when we caught up to him we gave him two black eyes....

We got him and we didn't disable him, just showed him a new style of eye liner. And took his license and gave him the old speech..

Some guys just need a direction and will take it much farther on impulse, like how i type...

The person(s) who did this if caught endangered someones life, and like i said the guy punched his own ticket... Im tame compared to the ogres out there, people would rather deal with my yappy *** than my buddies...

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Back like 9 years ago we seen this guy on the street straight up chop a girl in the face.... He saw us and ran, when we caught up to him we gave him two black eyes....

We got him and we didn't disable him, just showed him a new style of eye liner. And took his license and gave him the old speech..

Some guys just need a direction and will take it much farther on impulse, like how i type...

The person(s) who did this if caught endangered someones life, and like i said the guy punched his own ticket... Im tame compared to the ogres out there, people would rather deal with my yappy *** than my buddies...

The guy punched his own ticket? You mean the guy who made the fake page or the guy who was targeted?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My guess is, this man has been a dick head in some shape or form for someone to go out of his way to do this to him.

Possibly, but there's A$$holes in all walks of life, some can be dealt with by law enforcement and some you just have to live with! :)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Sure is easy to get a lynch mob, together, hence the need for DUE PROCESS even if Jians walk, now and then.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Why does it not surprise me that you would find a way to try and blame the victim.

So, tell me, if someone decided to start spreading a rumour that you fu ck your daughter, would that be your fault also?