Rob Ford lost his race

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
RIP Rob. This is one man who lived as he wanted, and in his political career; his aim was the people. A sad day.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Job:14:14:
If a man die,
shall he live again?
all the days of my appointed time will I wait,
till my change come.
Job:14:15:
Thou shalt call,
and I will answer thee:
thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Sad end to a sordid affair. History considered, Ford was a great City Councilor who did many good things for his constituents and underprivileged youth. His time as Mayor was funny, zany even, but mostly sad, when it became obvious he was riding on an escalator into oblivion.

RIP Mr. Ford...

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
He was certainly a lightning rod for the city.

I suppose there's no nice way to die other than 'in your sleep' but to be plagued with cancer is about as rotten as it gets.

And to pass away at a relatively young age with 2 little kids left behind is all the sadder....

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
He was certainly a lightning rod for the city.

I suppose there's no nice way to die other than 'in your sleep' but to be plagued with cancer is about as rotten as it gets.

And to pass away at a relatively young age with 2 little kids left behind is all the sadder....
I hate cancer. It has no preference on who it destroys. Who it causes unimaginable pain. From family men like this to innocent little children it continues on. I hate it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I hate cancer. It has no preference on who it destroys. Who it causes unimaginable pain. From family men like this to innocent little children it continues on. I hate it.

Yes and no. We don't know the cause of Rob Ford's cancer but he definitely had one of the conditions prerequisite to cancer.........grossly over weight!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Yes and no. We don't know the cause of Rob Ford's cancer but he definitely had one of the conditions prerequisite to cancer.........grossly over weight!
One thing to remember JLM is that some of the medical treatments used to treat some forms of cancer do cause weight gain . We knew a kid in our town that had a form of brain cancer and he gained a tremendous amount of weight before he died. Who knows what causes this disease but Id be willing to bet that the key lies in discovering the mysteries of our immune systems.