Brussels Zaventem airport explosions: 'At least 11 dead'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
amid 'third blast' at Metro station

Blasts feared to be part of a terrorist attack believed to have been centred on American Airlines desk in departure zone of airport

• Two explosions rip through Brussels airport during rush-hour
• Reports of 11 deaths and around 20 others injured
• Reports of third explosion at Maalbeek Metro station
• Suspected terror attack as Belgian capital on high alert
• It comes after arrest of Paris atrocity suspect Salah Abdeslam
• Images show shattered windows and smoke rising from airport
• Video footage shows people fleeing building in terror

Brussels explosions: Multiple deaths reported at Zaventem airport amid 'third blast' at Metro station - Telegraph

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
11 deaths and they are reporting that there will be many more. What horror those people must have gone through and are still going through. Is there no place where people are safe?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It will be interesting for see if one of our European allies, such as the Belgians, invokes NATO Article Six over an attack like this one. Justine may have to return our fighters, and a whole lot more, to Iraq.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The perpetrators of this disaster are such cowards. The only kind of life they know is violence and hatred. You almost have to feel sorry for them - almost. They pretend to be honoring their allah but instead, they cheapen their faith and show how really stupid and evil they are.

They can't even stand up in the light of day to identify themselves and speak directly to the world about their foolishness - they hide behind women and children, cameras and social media and yell about how great their allah is when, in fact, they are all perverted cowards through and through.

It is now incumbent upon all politicians and governments the world over to start taking this BS more seriously. We need to ensure we reiterate each and every day how corrupted and evil these terrorists are and how twisted their thinking is and not take the Trudeau philosophy that we need to "understand" where they're coming from because we already know. We must ensure that the men, women and children who have immigrated to our country abide by our laws and not Sharia - which should be strictly forbidden. We must ensure that wormen have the freedom to wear what they want without fear; but that faces remain uncovered. We need to ensure that any abuse of the rights of these individuals is treated harshly.

I'm tired of the PC crowd saying that because I hold these beliefs that I'm a bigot or racist or whatever. I'm NONE OF THOSE. I believe those types of accusations is like- "calling the kettle black".

Just sayin....

JMHO

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It will be interesting for see if one of our European allies, such as the Belgians, invokes NATO Article Six over an attack like this one. Justine may have to return our fighters, and a whole lot more, to Iraq.
Why would that happen when it would be ISIS that has been chased out of Syria and Iraq that would be doing the bombing? What are the odds that the exploding device was meant to make it on a plane before it exploded? All of the EU would be placed under military law is the more likely option.

The perpetrators of this disaster are such cowards. The only kind of life they know is violence and hatred. You almost have to feel sorry for them - almost. They pretend to be honoring their allah but instead, they cheapen their faith and show how really stupid and evil they are.

Just sayin....

JMHO
I don't feel sorry for ISIS in the least, the blasts are taking place now in countries that actively supported them doing these very same things in Syria and if it was against Assad's forces you would have been cheering. That is based o9n me not recalling you condemning any car bombs or missile strikes that took out Syrian civilians.

I wonder is anybody special was booked to fly on that airline that would have gotten baggage about the time the explosion took place.

Nothing to see here folks , move along .
It was obviously caused by lone wolfs and has no connection to Islam .
True Islam or the guns hired by the west to play the part of radical Muslims as there is a huge difference. It will be interesting to see the promoted solutions as that is the route Assad should have taken when his country started to experience this type of bombing. Police crackdown was the excuse for a full scale revolt. I don' see that happening on the home turf of the world bankers.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Why would that happen when it would be ISIS that has been chased out of Syria and Iraq that would be doing the bombing? What are the odds that the exploding device was meant to make it on a plane before it exploded? All of the EU would be placed under military law is the more likely option.

I don't feel sorry for ISIS in the least, the blasts are taking place now in countries that actively supported them doing these very same things in Syria and if it was against Assad's forces you would have been cheering. That is based o9n me not recalling you condemning any car bombs or missile strikes that took out Syrian civilians.

I wonder is anybody special was booked to fly on that airline that would have gotten baggage about the time the explosion took place.

True Islam or the guns hired by the west to play the part of radical Muslims as there is a huge difference. It will be interesting to see the promoted solutions as that is the route Assad should have taken when his country started to experience this type of bombing. Police crackdown was the excuse for a full scale revolt. I don' see that happening on the home turf of the world bankers.
Is there any oxygen in that alternate universe you habituate?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Really? When doesn't it no matter whose operation it is. Would it do ISIS any good to shout 'Make America great again.' considering that is who signs their paychecks?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
sounds like the tripe flossy and his ilk spew in here:

Charles Clymer ‏@cmclymer

Reminder: blaming Islam is exactly what these terrorists want. It's their best recruiting tool. Don't give in to that hatred.

Ezra Levant Verified account ‏@ezralevant

Ezra Levant Retweeted Charles Clymer
Trudeau's speechwriter. ↑↑↑↑

and then...

CBC News Verified account ‏@CBCNews

Brussels airport hit by 2 explosions during morning rush, cause not immediately clear: http://cbc.ca/1.3501831

John Groves ‏@jfgroves

John Groves Retweeted CBC News
Why, why, why, why, why do you do this @CBCNews? You know what the cause will be, and you just look like idiots.

and now, back to our program:

Blazing CatFur ‏@Blazingcatfur

Students told to stay inside after 'specific threat' at university campus http://bbc.in/21F8Yzz via @BBCNews

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So this is the third terror attack within the EU in the last 14 months, coming just weeks after the pro-EU David Cameron told the British people in the run up to the EU in/out referendum that, in no uncertain terms, Britain is safer within the EU. The more these attacks - which occurred in the EU capital itself with one of the attacks happening right near the EU Parliament - keep happening the more it makes a mockery of the ludicrous claims from the pro-EU lot that Britain is safer within the EU.

And the ludicrous Lefty-controlled BBC News and Sky News seem to be getting their knickers in a twist more about the fact that a high ranking member of Ukip has said, rightly, on Twitter that these attacks show that the EU's Schengen free movement of people is a complete and utter failure and should be completely abandoned than they are about the attacks themselves. Their reporters have said several times this morning that the comments from the Ukip politician are "inappropriate at this time." But how are they, in any way, "inappropriate at this time"? I think now, right after yet another terror attack in the EU in which the terrorists have likely taken advantage, yet again, of the EU's freedom of movement rule is the perfect time to highlight the failure in the EU's freedom of movement rule and that Britain is NOT in any way safer in the EU.

Even though people have been killed in these attacks, I have to say that the attacks are probably a boost to the Leave campaign in this referendum.

Sky News reporter Alex Rossi and his camera crew were at Brussels Airport the moment the attacks happened. He described the whole airport shaking on its foundations. The news team were at the airport to fly to Tel Aviv.

Here he is just moments after the attacks:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's time for the EU to abolish free movement of people and for its countries to re-erect their borders and for Britain to apply Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty immediately and get out of the EU without the referendum being held. We need to launch the lifeboat now. It's an emergency.

Remember, Belgium is the country the Paris attacker fled to. He was able to do so because of the ludicrous rule which states EU citizens are able to move freely between its Member States as though it is one country. He was able to remain at large living within a community for months, going undetected. He was living with family members and only got caught when he ventured outside his filthy Islamic ghetto to attend a funeral. There seems to be an extensive terrorist network in the Belgian suburbs with the support of the locals. Questions need to be asked about the Belgians and their security.