Activists “triggered” by pro-life bus ad

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

The left likes to say they believe in freedom of speech but a recent story in the Ottawa Metro provides yet another example of how they will shut down voices of dissent by whatever means they can and in this case, they get an assist from a sympathetic media.

The publication which is handed out for free to commuters is sporting a big headline that reads, “Anti-Abortion ads on OC Transpo buses prompt social media outrage”.

That’s quite a headline. Problem is, it’s not entirely accurate and appears to be a bit of a “dog bites man” story that in the old days of honest journalism, likely wouldn’t have merited a story let alone the front page. At the very least, a real journalist would have attempted to get comment from the other side.

After all, there is another side. The real story here is how often media today fail to bring you the other side of the story.

“Safe space� journalism? Activists “triggered� by pro-life bus ad make headlines in Metro - The Rebel

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Click here to get a rebel update.

Why is mister Levant big in your world I know virtually nothing about the Semite.

I'll watch thwe video again cuz I forgot what it was about.

Oh yah mr Lilly!

Abortion is a sin, suicide is a sin, life is sin, hehehehehe

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I saw this on Facebook. Simple minded people can get offended easy.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
God forbid someone should have a different point of view. Yes I am pro choice
but others should have their view also. In fact I sometimes think we should have
abortion retroactive sometimes by several decades.
As for Rebel news they are the reincarnation of the right wing Sun Network and
they have little credibility in my view

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
but others should have their view also. In fact I sometimes think we should have

I suspect Rebel news has all the credibility of a Donald Drumpf speech.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

I suspect Rebel news has all the credibility of a Donald Drumpf speech.

I saw this on Facebook. Simple minded people can get offended easy.

chuckles abound when some spastics become triggered simply because of the selected source for a story.

the story remains, the facts and such but if a prog see's it referenced from one of their non-recognized, non-official, no-pc msm sites, well then, it's bad and such.

:lol:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Has anyone spent a few minutes imagining a world without triggers?

PTSD is about the brains unwillingness to revisit traumatic events in a non hysterical manner.

That's why the best drugs to treat PTSD are ones that allows the sufferer to think about those terrible moments without guilt, horror, or humiliation. The brain can actually manage the memories instead of avoiding the memories because they cause heartache.

The brain must move forward. Triggers are great. They force the person to acknowledge them. IT's just too bad that we have encouraged people to not feel what they're feeling.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

The left likes to say they believe in freedom of speech but a recent story in the Ottawa Metro provides yet another example of how they will shut down voices of dissent by whatever means they can and in this case, they get an assist from a sympathetic media.

The publication which is handed out for free to commuters is sporting a big headline that reads, “Anti-Abortion ads on OC Transpo buses prompt social media outrage”.

That’s quite a headline. Problem is, it’s not entirely accurate and appears to be a bit of a “dog bites man” story that in the old days of honest journalism, likely wouldn’t have merited a story let alone the front page. At the very least, a real journalist would have attempted to get comment from the other side.

After all, there is another side. The real story here is how often media today fail to bring you the other side of the story.

“Safe space� journalism? Activists “triggered� by pro-life bus ad make headlines in Metro - The Rebel

i am still seeking a video and interviews of the Alberta gathering at the Leg building,i even checked the rebel website.any ideas how to view this,
welcome to the right wing agendas,let's turn our clocks back 30 years,who cares?

can anyone read what the books are behind the interviewer,are those books just props to make then person to present themselves as more intelligent and well read?does anyone know what the titles of those books?i cannot read what they are.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
i am still seeking a video and interviews of the Alberta gathering at the Leg building,i even checked the rebel website.any ideas how to view this,
welcome to the right wing agendas,let's turn our clocks back 30 years,who cares?

Pro life is a "right wing" agenda? Interesting. A fu cking asinine comment, but still interesting.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

maudit tabarnak. do your own 'auditing', gathering and research you lazy arsehole.

can anyone read what the books are behind the interviewer,are those books just props to make then person to present themselves as more intelligent and well read?does anyone know what the titles of those books?i cannot read what they are.

hey, learn to use youtube full screen idiot. most book spines are easily read in that video by brian lilley.

oh, and quit asking such stupid questions. audit the internet for audit-worthy answers.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
chuckles abound when some spastics become triggered simply because of the selected source for a story.

the story remains, the facts and such but if a prog see's it referenced from one of their non-recognized, non-official, no-pc msm sites, well then, it's bad and such.

:lol:
Incredible is it not?

A "two stage trigger" if ever there was. 2lbs on the second pull?

Has anyone spent a few minutes imagining a world without triggers?

PTSD is about the brains unwillingness to revisit traumatic events in a non hysterical manner.

That's why the best drugs to treat PTSD are ones that allows the sufferer to think about those terrible moments without guilt, horror, or humiliation. The brain can actually manage the memories instead of avoiding the memories because they cause heartache.

The brain must move forward. Triggers are great. They force the person to acknowledge them. IT's just too bad that we have encouraged people to not feel what they're feeling.

What sort of drug do you need to keep you aware of not putting your hand on a hot stove?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
maudit tabarnak. do your own 'auditing', gathering and research you lazy arsehole.

hey, learn to use youtube full screen idiot. most book spines are easily read in that video by brian lilley.

oh, and quit asking such stupid questions. audit the internet for audit-worthy answers.
have your opinion,but please refrain from name calling,if this is within your capacity of course,i understand.

do you not find it strange the rebel never interviews their own,and they call themselves a media outlet or whatever they call themselves.