Ghomeshi maybe not in the clear yet!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Judge will announce the verdict on March 24. Apparently the women are believed as far as the basic charges go. The judge might be right.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Judge will announce the verdict on March 24. Apparently the women are believed as far as the basic charges go. The judge might be right.

Not what it said in the province yesterday. Seems at least two of the complainants not only lied both to the police and under oath they also colluded in their testimony.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Hope springs eternal.......eh, JLM? I would like to concur with you but the judge has to deal with the fact that witnesses lied and withheld facts that are germane to the case. That does not make them credible witnesses and raises the question of reasonable doubt. As I mentioned before, I would like to see this guy go down but not if it means the justice system failed to take into account all of the testimony.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Not what it said in the province yesterday. Seems at least two of the complainants not only lied both to the police and under oath they also colluded in their testimony.

He'll still be found guilty.

The media is inflating the probability of an innocent verdict for ratings.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
He'll still be found guilty.

The media is inflating the probability of an innocent verdict for ratings.

Anyone with a brain figures he's guilty, mf but that does not in any way change the fact that reasonable doubt was raised once it was proven by the defense that the witness were dishonest. I've listened to lawyer after lawyer dissect this case, many of them women, and not one of them found the witnesses to be credible.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yeah, it raises a lot of questions. From what I could gather this morning is the judge believes the hair pulling and face slapping etc. actually happened. That raises another question .............what is meant by rough sex? Is consensual rough sex a crime?

This guy is as guilty as hell in my opinion and deserves the rack and more

I'm inclined to agree................................maybe he'll be getting lots of "rough sex"! :) :) Do you think the women should be getting off scot free for their stupidity?

Anyone with a brain figures he's guilty, mf but that does not in any way change the fact that reasonable doubt was raised once it was proven by the defense that the witness were dishonest. I've listened to lawyer after lawyer dissect this case, many of them women, and not one of them found the witnesses to be credible.

Perhaps they were perfectly happy with the situation as it stood until they got to thinking there could be a little money in it for them! Not that there's likely to be, but they aren't direct descendants of Einstein!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, it raises a lot of questions. From what I could gather this morning is the judge believes the hair pulling and face slapping etc. actually happened. That raises another question .............what is meant by rough sex? Is consensual rough sex a crime?

No. Consentual sex is consentual sex ... except in Michigan.

I'm inclined to agree................................maybe he'll be getting lots of "rough sex"! :) :) Do you think the women should be getting off scot free for their stupidity?

If they lied in court, that is perjury.

Perhaps they were perfectly happy with the situation as it stood until they got to thinking there could be a little money in it for them! Not that there's likely to be, but they aren't direct descendants of Einstein!

Its a criminal trial not a civil trial. No money other than to the lawyers

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
That raises another question .............what is meant by rough sex?

Rough sex | definition of rough sex by Medical dictionary

Is consensual rough sex a crime?
If it is 'consensual' JLM, meaning that both parties are in agreement, then no, rough sex is not a crime.

I wonder why nothing has been said about possible charges against the witnesses who lied on the stand unless perjury is waived for some obscure reason.

I have zero interest in why they did it, JLM. I do think the fact that they don't seem to have much going for them in the brains department may just give them a tiny out or excuse as you will for their utter lack of integrity.