Is Justin's Gov't starting to wobble?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yes, One more Harper government would have been just fine. What we have right now is a mess that's going to take the next 50 years to fix

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Andrew Coyne has it right; all show and no substance.
The Liberal way has always been to throw money out when they don't know what else to do.
As for the coalition against ISIS, what we hear is, we don't want to send our military into harm's way. What kind of nonsense is that?
"OOOOOH, it's too dangerous!"
Jeez! We can't have our military actually fighting, can we?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The Liberal way has always been to throw money out when they don't know what else to do.
As for the coalition against ISIS, what we hear is, we don't want to send our military into harm's way. What kind of nonsense is that?

no one joins the military today to defend their country. It is all about the free education and pension.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
no one joins the military today to defend their country. It is all about the free education and pension.

And you know that how? They sure got well trained for combat for a bunch of sissies that just wanted an education. I think you'd find that they are proud of their chosen career and welcome the chance to put what they have learned into use.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Wobble? After only three months? Looks like Coyne is acting like another right wing apologist desperate to find fault with a government that is still trying to understand the mess the Conservatives left behind. You write this sort of headline after a year; not three months, but I guess Andrew has to do something to justify his salary and writing anti-Liberal articles for a right wing rag might keep the paycheques coming.

And you know that how? They sure got well trained for combat for a bunch of sissies that just wanted an education. I think you'd find that they are proud of their chosen career and welcome the chance to put what they have learned into use.

Maybe you should watch the recruiting ads. They certainly emphasize joining the military as a way to learn a trade. At least they have for the last couple of decades.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Wobble? After only three months? Looks like Coyne is acting like another right wing apologist desperate to find fault with a government that is still trying to understand the mess the Conservatives left behind. You write this sort of headline after a year; not three months, but I guess Andrew has to do something to justify his salary and writing anti-Liberal articles for a right wing rag might keep the paycheques coming.

Maybe you should watch the recruiting ads. They certainly emphasize joining the military as a way to learn a trade. At least they have for the last couple of decades.
Oh please, it's no different than the left-wing dreck that was written about Harper just days after being elected. He was going to end gay marriage and initiate a 'war on women", whatever the hell that meant, and turn Canada into some kind of theocracy.
This is what political journalists do, sadly enough. It's what journalists do in general anymore. Too many tend to think that every story has to have their own personal little editorial within it.

This is why I tend to check multiple sources for the same news story. Another reason I like checking multiple sources is because some MSM outlets like to leave out little details, or even entire news events, that are inconvenient to the narrative they're pushing.

I have a buddy in the US that works for a company that taps the various media sources around the globe for soft intelligence. Nothing "top secret" or classified, just news that the western media doesn't want to bother with.

It's kind of disturbing the kind of stuff that goes on in Europe and the Middle east that doesn't get reported over here. Of course the MSM over there likes to omit certain details from time to time as well, so as not to stray from the narrative.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

I wish it was true, I wish you were right. Unfortunately for all Canadians this article is so bang on right, it's sad to admit how pathetic our current government has been based on its first 3 month.

The mess we are in requires a strong steady hand to navigate us passed it. Not a flip flopper who has no idea about reality.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

And you?
A left wing Liberal Progressive apologist!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Yes, One more Harper government would have been just fine. What we have right now is a mess that's going to take the next 50 years to fix
Thank you for pointing out how the wobble got there. That is the Harper smooth sailing full speed ahead mantra, that has always worked so well in the past.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

What mess? Oh, you mean reducing the amount of sick time for government employees? Oh, and not having unions accountable to their members? Oh and not having Indian Bands be accountable to their members? Oh, that mess! Gotcha.

You're kidding right?

IMHO

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yeah, I find Andrew's commentary is generally pretty sensible!

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
What mess? Oh, you mean reducing the amount of sick time for government employees? Oh, and not having unions accountable to their members? Oh and not having Indian Bands be accountable to their members? Oh, that mess! Gotcha.

You're kidding right?

IMHO

90 billion dollars of investment money has just left Alberta........... Ya. . That mess

Without any signs of help from any government. Investors have essentially run the bank in Alberta completely pulling out all investment.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

You're kidding right?

IMHO

I love the common sense that is evident in all your posts! Could you possibly spread some of it around? :) :)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Right now we need investor confidence, so that the 90 billion that just left Alberta lands back somewhere in Canada as a different investment. With fluffy at the helm, With obviously no plan for investors, all that money is leaving Canada.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I expect Justin will totter along on image and bland slogans for a while. Once his government starts to get lashed by the cruel winds of political reality, especially that of the economy, i expect the drift of a lack of leadership and absence of an integrated vision for the country will carry it into a whirlpool of unmet expectations. Wouldn't be surprised if the party turfs him as an incompetent, a poser without character or substance, before the next election.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I expect Justin will totter along on image and bland slogans for a while. Once his government starts to get lashed by the cruel winds of political reality, especially that of the economy, i expect the drift of a lack of leadership and an integrated vision for the country will carry it into a whirlpool of unmet expectations. Wouldn't be surprised if the party turfs him as an incompetent, a poser without character or substance, before the next election.

I think if he had a little humility he'd grab a hold of Harper before he gets out of sight and maybe pay him to tutor him for a week or so on how to run a government.