Feral pigs: B.C. allows hunting 'anywhere and at any time'

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Licensed hunters can now take aim at feral pigs in British Columbia, which have been officially designated as invasive, problem wildlife.

The animals, which can be aggressive and weigh up to 350 kilograms, have been included on a provincial list that allows them to be hunted "anywhere and at any time" by anyone possessing a valid hunting licence.

In a written statement, the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, said feral pigs are an invasive species that go after the eggs of ground-nesting birds, that competed with native wildlife, and that can cause damage to native vegetation and crops.

Northwest Feral Pigs
This photo from the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife shows a feral pig that has been collared as part of a research project. The provincial government in B.C. has declared open season on the hogs and sows, which come from communities of escaped farm animals that have established themselves in the wild. (Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife)

"They can also be the source of infectious diseases and parasites which can be harmful to wildlife, livestock and human health," the ministry said.

The wild hogs and sows come from communities of escaped farm animals that have established themselves in the B.C. wild, and have been spotted in the Lower Mainland, Kamloops, Okanagan, Peace and Kootenay regions.

The ministry says that by placing them on the "Schedule C" list of exempted animals, it hopes that hunters will help the province in reducing their numbers.

"While there are not many feral pigs in British Columbia, this is a proactive measure since once established feral pigs are extremely hard to eradicate," the statement said.

Feral pigs: B.C. allows hunting 'anywhere and at any time' - British Columbia - CBC News

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

What boomer is suggesting, is that anyone that votes liberal should be killed, and the people doing the killing should have the legal right to kill those they consider to be liberal. It's just another example of how little respect he has for life and how brain dead he really is.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What boomer is suggesting, is that anyone that votes liberal should be killed, and the people doing the killing should have the legal right to kill those they consider to be liberal. It's just another example of how little respect he has for life and how brain dead he really is.

Oh fukk off GerryH and GET A LIFE... Seriously, ya stupid troll.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh fukk off GerryH and GET A LIFE... Seriously, ya stupid troll.

I have a life, that doesn't include threatening to kill anyone and everyone that I disagree with, and then claiming it was a joke when called on it. As they say, many a truth has been said in jest and I will lay odds your death threats are closer to truth than jest. You are one sick fu ck and Canada is worse for it every minute you are north of the border.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Liberals are NOT good eating. Who wants that in their freezer?

Liberals are tender and soft.... From all that easy time in the pasture.

Conservatives, are the tough, hard to chew.. :lol:

I have a life, that doesn't include threatening to kill anyone and everyone that I disagree with, and then claiming it was a joke when called on it. As they say, many a truth has been said in jest and I will lay odds your death threats are closer to truth than jest. You are one sick fu ck and Canada is worse for it every minute you are north of the border.

Blah, blah, blah whatever ya weird old man.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I have a life, that doesn't include threatening to kill anyone and everyone that I disagree with, and then claiming it was a joke when called on it.

No, rather you're just crude, rude, and yapp on and on and on and on acting like your some kind of protector for against perceived hypocracy which is completely ridiculous coming from a person who believes they are hearing gods voice in their head.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
No, rather you're just crude, rude, and yapp on and on and on and on acting like your some kind of protector for against perceived hypocracy which is completely ridiculous coming from a person who believes they are hearing gods voice in their head.

LOL He claims to hears God voice in his head... OMG.. :lol:

So he's not just weird but a crazy old loone too..

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Oh look, the pot head is supporting the guy that does nothing but wish people dead that don't agree with him or scare the crap out of the little boy.

Go take a toke.