Mark Marek, who posted Magnotta murder video, pleads guilty to corrupting morals

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
An Edmonton website owner who posted a video showing the murder and dismemberment of Jun Lin in Montreal has pleaded guilty to corrupting morals.

After receiving a six-month conditional sentence, Mark Marek walked out of the Edmonton Law Courts building, put duct tape over his mouth, and held up a sign reading

"Guilty of Canadian thought crimes. (other side) Silenced by censorship in Canada."

more

Mark Marek, who posted Magnotta murder video, pleads guilty to corrupting morals - Edmonton - CBC News

http://www.bestgore.com/best-gore-on-trial/statement-from-mark-regarding-guilty-plea/

corrupting morals.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This is interesting to me. I fully understand the argument behind freedom of speech and slippery slopes, etc. And truth be told I generally tend to support that viewpoint 100%. But then I sit here and wonder, how exactly does this qualify as Mark Marek's free speech? This is video that he happens to hold in his possession of another human being committing a gruesome dismembering. Is this his free speech or simply his opportunity? Do our individual rights have no end? Should they?