How sane is the refugee endeavour?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
With all the problems emerging with the Refugee program, I'm kind of thinking we might see a subtle change of direction shortly!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A couple of cities have put the brakes on accepting more because they are stressing services. Ottawa and Vancouver I believe.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Not very since large swaths of Syria have been taken away from the terrorists. The masses do allow a small segment of 'war-criminals' to escape detection as they abandon what is now a hopeless cause. The ones fleeing are losing jobs that will become available once reconstruction begins. Until then they should get their stories on video record as well as any rumors they may have heard as investigations could verify the rumors before they are spread as being 'most likely a fact', a large group of busy-bodies' as it were who are moderated by the ICC.

A couple of cities have put the brakes on accepting more because they are stressing services. Ottawa and Vancouver I believe.
The locals would be the source of those services and the employment rate would take a dip as more people are hired to handle the increased workload. Put in under 'security' and it is a 100% tax deduction and the homeless would be the best ones to show them the result of not adopting to the 'new ways' that leave the 'old ways' in the past as they are what resulted in these people needing to relocate in the first place. Have some sign of for 5 years and they get advanced training so when they return to a calm homeland the offices and streets are already there and the change in adapting to better living conditions continues. You hardly ever have to drag anybody, against their will, in a direction that hugely improves their life.

With all the problems emerging with the Refugee program, I'm kind of thinking we might see a subtle change of direction shortly!
You would think running Reservations for 150 years would have us all trained up on how to make a defeated people adapt to the role laid out for them. So far more than a few would have opted for fighting until the last man and beast was in the grave.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
How insane is the backlash to the refugee endeavour as clearly none of the criticism makes any sense or is supported by any evidence whatsoever.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Lacking that important part it leaves speculation open as to what would be a motive? Rape charges against ISIS members that were in Syria might be the 'real refugees' attempting to get them arrested in the host country as that is breaking a local law. Since it is a protection racket to help ISIS members 'fade' they cannot be arrested or even have their picture collected. Or this is 9/11 ineptitude at an bigger level, take your pick.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
How insane is the backlash to the refugee endeavour as clearly none of the criticism makes any sense or is supported by any evidence whatsoever.

Fear isn't rational. I was staying in a hotel in Edmonton last week that was full of refugees. I'm still alive and I even enjoyed my stay. Nobody I talked to in Edmonton was having a bad experience. Some folks just love to whine and complain. Crotchety is what I call them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yep, methinks the chickens are coming home to roost. Saskatoon might be another one and added to the Le Loche incident, we are quickly finding out just how hare brained the idea really is!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Refugees have been opposed since the beginning of our nation and the excuses
for not having refugees has not changed even though the objections have proved
to be bogus every time. It should also be noted the world is a very big place and
we must respond to situations around the world from time to time that is why they
are called Humanitarian Efforts. They are temporary situations.

Years ago we heard warnings from news people and aid agencies that said if we do
not address thees problems in specific areas we will have mass migrations looking
for food and safety. People said ignore the problem look after our own only and now
we have mass migration into Europe in numbers that can't be controlled

Two things come to mind one we should have stayed out of certain situations when we
did not understand the customs of others. Bush kicked Iraq apart like a giant ant hill
and created most of the problems that now exist. In fact Bush Chaney and Rumsfeld
are the fathers of ISIS. They created a vacuum of power and insisted on forcing the
concept of democracy on people who didn't want it or don't understand it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Bush kicked Iraq apart like a giant ant hill
and created most of the problems that now exist. In fact Bush Chaney and Rumsfeld
are the fathers of ISIS. They created a vacuum of power and insisted on forcing the
The dictator Saddam created this mess.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Every good lefty will figure out that "climate change" caused the shooter to shoot.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'd wager they were going to "out" him and he went too far in trying to keep the secret of his preferences that simply doesn't fly in the Dene culture.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
. Bush kicked Iraq apart like a giant ant hill

I think possibly Petro's explanation in the next post is closer to the truth. :)

It's all us welfare guys can afford

Says the guy who brags about spending his summers on the golf course. (At least the part of the summer when he's not busy slapping bitches) :) :)