Five dead in Sask highschool shooting

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Shocked me, I'll tell you. My thoughts and prayers are with all the souls affected by this most - especially the families who have lost a son or daughter. No reports yet on the victims themselves. The suspect is in custody which is a relief.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Shocked me, I'll tell you. My thoughts and prayers are with all the souls affected by this most - especially the families who have lost a son or daughter. No reports yet on the victims themselves. The suspect is in custody which is a relief.

I would be more relieved if he/she was dead.

Condolences for the victim's and their families.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
La Loche was home for a while but I left many years ago. I am saddened by the violence that has crept into that community over the decades but I am not surprised, but as I said, just saddened, if that's a word. It is a village with many issues, I pray for all the families that have suffered and will in the days and years to come.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Every time I hear this it sends a cold chill up my spine as it does for others.
The reason is if it can happen there it can happen here. I feel a real sorrow
for those who have loved ones who are not coming homing tonight or ever.
We all feel helpless and frustrated as there is nothing we can do and the
emotion of anger will not change the events that have occurred. We must
try to find out why not to save the person who did it but to perhaps gain
insight and recognition of actions that might assist in dissuading others.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The Liberals have formed 3/4ths of the Canadian governments over the last century and you are looking at an almost pure Liberal legacy. The feel-good Liberals love the Indian Act, thinks that it makes Native people "special". Well I suppose that it does. It is a Victorian era Colonial document that keeps the Native population as perpetual wards of the state. What they need to do is tear it up and start again but Liberal governments, one after the other, believed that the status quo is doing good.

do we know the shooter was Native? Why is this being brought up at this point?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
do we know the shooter was Native? Why is this being brought up at this point?

True enough. I made a massive assumption.

I reacted to this: Another Conservative legacy of aboriginal neglect.

...without due consideration.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
As long as the suspect is alive there is a chance we can find out from him/her why on earth they did this. I understand your sentiments though, IRBS.

I honestly don't care. By finding out, we will be giving him more fame than he deserves. I would rather not know.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Watching the first RCMP press conference - not impressed. In this day of instant communication, one might think they would at least have been in touch with the hospital for an update on the wounded. They stated the suspect is a male. Apparently, there were four people killed - not five as first reported.

I honestly don't care. By finding out, we will be giving him more fame than he deserves. I would rather not know.

Okay.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Watching the first RCMP press conference - not impressed. In this day of instant communication, one might think they would at least have been in touch with the hospital for an update on the wounded. They stated the suspect is a male. Apparently, there were four people killed - not five as first reported...
The RCMP have proved time and time again-against the laws of physics-that milk rises to the top.