Suspect accused of ambushing PA. officer shot in the name of Islam

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Suspect accused of ambushing Pa. officer reportedly acted in the name of Islam

The FBI and Philadelphia police on Friday were investigating whether a man who ambushed a police officer in a squad car, shooting him multiple times, acted out of Islamic extremism, a law enforcement source tells Fox News.

The suspect gave a full confession, saying he committed his crime in the name of Islam, sources told KYW-TV. Fox News is told investigators are looking at all possibilities, but have not fully concluded it was a case of extremism.

Fox News' source confirmed the suspect was wearing "Muslim garb" but would not elaborate. Local media identified the man as 30-year-old Edward Archer.

Officer Jessie Hartnett was in stable condition at a hospital, police said. The suspect fired a total of 13 shots Thursday night, according to Police Commissioner Richard Ross. At least three bullets struck the officer in his left arm.

"We are working side-by-side with the Philadelphia Police Department. They remain the lead agency as we work together to gather information about the attack on their officer," the FBI announced.

Hartnett returned fire, hitting his attacker at least three times, Ross added.

"This is absolutely one of the scariest things I've ever seen," Ross said at a news conference a few hours later. "This guy tried to execute the police officer. The police officer had no idea he was coming."

The suspect ran away, but was quickly apprehended by other officers. There was no immediate word on the suspect's condition.

In a statement, Governor Tom Wolf said, "This alleged intentional act of violence against an officer seeking to help a fellow citizen is horrifying and has no place in Pennsylvania."

Jim Kenney, who is in his first week as mayor of the nation's fifth largest city, said, "There are just too many guns on the streets and I think our national government needs to do something about that."

His statement comes on the heels of President Barack Obama announcement on Tuesday of his plan to tighten control and enforcement of firearms in the United States.

source: Suspect accused of ambushing Pa. officer reportedly acted in the name of Islam | Fox News

Looking better for Donald Trump as President..

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
One of the things that’s frustrating for non-liberals and non-Progressives is Leftists’ refusal to look Islam in the face (so to speak). Yes, there are crazy people who are Christians and there are entire Christian sects that are crazy (such as the Westboro Baptists or Warren Jeffs’ polygamist Mormon cult). The fact remains, however, that Christians as a whole, whether they belong to big churches or small ones, do not embrace or practice terrorism to achieve their political or religious goals.

Muslims, by contrast, routinely practice terrorism to achieve goals that are simultaneously religious and political, owing to Islam’s fusion of God and state. Even though it’s remarkably simple to tie Islam to terrorism (9/11, the underwear bomber, the Fort Hood shooter, the attempted Portland Christmas tree massacre, the Boston Marathon bombing), Leftists scurry around like cockroaches exposed to the light in their desperate attempt to avoid acknowledging Islam’s violent heart.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
One of the things that’s frustrating for non-liberals and non-Progressives is Leftists’ refusal to look Islam in the face (so to speak). Yes, there are crazy people who are Christians and there are entire Christian sects that are crazy (such as the Westboro Baptists or Warren Jeffs’ polygamist Mormon cult). The fact remains, however, that Christians as a whole, whether they belong to big churches or small ones, do not embrace or practice terrorism to achieve their political or religious goals.

Muslims, by contrast, routinely practice terrorism to achieve goals that are simultaneously religious and political, owing to Islam’s fusion of God and state. Even though it’s remarkably simple to tie Islam to terrorism (9/11, the underwear bomber, the Fort Hood shooter, the attempted Portland Christmas tree massacre, the Boston Marathon bombing), Leftists scurry around like cockroaches exposed to the light in their desperate attempt to avoid acknowledging Islam’s violent heart.
90% of all acts of terror perpetrated on American soil were done so by right wing Christian white folk just like you Boomster. Pull your head out of your butt.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That's BS, try something that narrows the stats to the last 20 years and see the religious, ethnicity, age, sex of the terrorist perpetrators.
The link narrows the stats. It specifically has subsections for each decade, including the 2000s and 2010-present. It also has subsections for type of attack.

I know you're too stupid to understand that, but I thought people with Wonderlic scores above 20 might be interested.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Though Islam is getting a lot of negative heat based on the actions of a loony toon minority, why make broad sweeping assumptions on a lot of good people? Having worked in the industry, I've met truckers who are lousy behind the wheel and complete bullshytters. Is it fair to say they all are?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It must be pretty embarrassing for you that we don't actually have to back that far to show that Muslims haven't been the only bogeyman

How far would you like to go? Do you think you can find the right combo to tweak the numbers to make it 90% Right Wing Christians?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It must be pretty embarrassing for you that we don't actually have to back that far to show that Muslims haven't been the only bogeyman
It doesn't fit into Smack's script of how wonderful, peaceful and free Yankyland is. I hope he has a good supply of Enos.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
How far would you like to go? Do you think you can find the right combo to tweak the numbers to make it 90% Right Wing Christians?

I would not "like" to do anything. I know you're hurting because you were dismissive of Cliffy and he was right. Look on the bright side. Blackie made you look stupid and it didn't kill you. You'll get over this as well

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I would not "like" to do anything. I know you're hurting because you were dismissive of Cliffy and he was right. Look on the bright side. Blackie made you look stupid and it didn't kill you. You'll get over this as well

Of course you wouldn't. You look foolish enough as it is.

Does he have a link?

It doesn't fit into Smack's script of how wonderful, peaceful and free Yankyland is. I hope he has a good supply of Enos.

Do you have a link?