Abducted 3 Year Old Girl Found Safe In Freezing Parking Lot

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE)

A 3-year-old girl who was taken in a stolen car was found by police early Sunday morning after hours of searching.

It all started around 8:30 p.m. at the Smith’s near Lomas and San Pedro. Police say the mother was filling up water jugs when a thief jumped in the car and drove off with it. Three year old Caraline Leon-Alcocar was inside.

That car was found by officers at the Saver’s near Carlisle and Menaul, but the little girl was not in it, sparking an Amber Alert and a citywide search.

Caraline was found just after 1 a.m. in a parking lot near San Mateo and Indian School by Officer Chris Poccia. Officer Poccia says when he looked in the parking lot he noticed something strange on the ground.

“I was using my spotlight and I saw a ball of purple, in the middle of the parking lot and I thought that’s weird and I drove into the parking lot and I could tell it was a kiddo,” said Poccia.

On his lapel camera recording you can hear him say, “Hi sweetheart, you okay? Come here, come here, I know, come here.”

more

Missing girl found safe, lapel video released | KRQE News 13

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
Wasn't there a case just last week, where a Mom left her child in a running car, and it was stolen. With that one I thought that the child was taken from her Mom.