Doctor assisted deaths

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Doctor assisted deaths

Carafem's 'spa-like' abortion clinic part of new U.S. trend - World - CBC News

Just like the care free spa like abortions in America

Doctor assisted deaths are next to come under the sanitization of the advertisers where just because the proverbial flushing their elderly down the toilet one wants to feel good about it.

In the sixties no one trusted people who were over their 30s man now people just don't want to pay for nursing or retirement home fees and at the same time the retirement industry are gouging people that want to have their their elderly taken care of.
Doctor assisted deaths that will mostly affect the eldery should be a warning that the system is broke and must be fixed.
We vote politicians in so the people can make new laws to make society better in a free democracy but it is the judges in our legal courts that hold the power.

With technologies replacing humans and the AI robots on the horizon can we afford to lose the elderly on our selfishness.
It is the start of a brand new year I just wonder how many more are we going to celebrate.

What do you think?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
A member of my extended family flew to Switzerland for a assisted suicide last March. Her condition was incurable, she was in considerable pain and she was going to die anyway, just more slowly and torturously. She was 73, of sound mind, husband deceased and no chidren.

What can I say? It was her choice, man and why not.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
My Mom passed away in May. She was in a nursing home on the locked dementia wing. I went to see her, pretty well, every day. Mom usually had no idea who I was. She had always taken good care of her teeth. They were rotten. Also she almost continually ground her teeth because she was in so much pain. She screamed when they moved her in and out of bed and the chair because of the pain. Her food was puréed so she wouldn't choke to death. She had a lump on her breast the size of my fist. I came to the home every lunch to help her eat because it usually took over an hour. When she did speak, which wasn't often, we couldn't hear her. Some of the other residents were violent and would thump on her. Guess what my answer is to the question is.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
As long as a terminally ill person is still of sound mind, he can refuse treatment, thereby bring life to an end OR do it himself by overdosing on certain pain killers.
When a person is NOT of sound mind, who has the right to say when he should die?
There are questions about assisted suicide that are not and never can be answered adequately to meet all cases.
Having spent many years in the nursing profession, I am dubious about this.
I can see the sense of it in some cases and in others, not. and it troubles me that when a law is passed it sweeps everyone into the same box.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
I really hit hard the point of my friends making a, medical health directive". Unfortunately my Mom hadn't. In cases like that the eldest surviving child makes the health care decisions. With my Mom being of a faith where there is no medical intervention, and I don't, it put too much responsibility for the medical part of her care. I didn't know what to do.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I really hit hard the point of my friends making a, medical health directive". Unfortunately my Mom hadn't. In cases like that the eldest surviving child makes the health care decisions. With my Mom being of a faith where there is no medical intervention, and I don't, it put too much responsibility for the medical part of her care. I didn't know what to do.

It is a terrible decision to have to make. I had to give permission to take my Mom off life support and it still bothers me that it was my decision. She was 88, had suffered a massive stroke, paralyzed with no hope of recovery. She had said many times that if she ever came to that she wouldn't want to live.
But still, it is not easy to be instrumental in ending a life.
I hope there is a provision for medical workers to refuse any part of it if they are uncomfortable with it.
And I hope there will be infallible safeguards against unscrupulous people using it to get rid of a relative who is a burden to them or to get their inheritance.