Canadians feel least safe on public transit, see Islamic State as ‘major threat’

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
but anyway...coffee tables, ladders 'over there' and such.

A majority of Canadians say they feel safe in most public spaces like churches and movie theatres, a new poll indicates. But most also remain wary of the threat posed to Canada by terrorist groups like the so-called Islamic State.

The survey, conducted by Ipsos for Global News, relied on a sample of 2,002 Canadians interviewed between Dec. 16 and 18, 2015.

Overall, more than 85 per cent of respondents across the country said they felt “very safe” or “somewhat safe” in a restaurant, movie theatre or place of worship, with fewer than five per cent saying they do not feel safe “at all” while frequenting these spaces.

“When you go to other countries, they make a direct link between the threat of terrorism and their safety in public places,” said Darrell Bricker, CEO at Ipsos Public Affairs.

That connection doesn’t necessarily exist in the minds of Canadians, he explained.
“By and large, Canadians feel pretty safe,” Bricker noted. “We really haven’t seen (terrorist attacks) on our soil. The one significant attack we experienced happened on Parliament Hill, not in a restaurant … People see it on television, read about it on the Internet, see it as ‘over there’ … they haven’t transposed that experience.”

more

Canadians feel least safe on public transit, see Islamic State as ‘major threat’ - National | Globalnews.ca

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Is it your sole purpose to make everyone as fearful as you by compiling everything there is that can be twisted into "They all bad" and posting it here on Kanadian Kontent Karnival

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
the only way to get around a large city though for many. it's like inviting 20 random hitchhikers into your vehicle.

anyway, that bad terrorism stuff will never show up here thankfully. thank gawd.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
it's the news son. you wanna ignore it be my guest.

wut? :lol:
You're working Boomer's street corner ... and gaining as much credibility

They on white? Can't figure that out yet you're still posting stuff designed to incite fear of anything but white skin and English/French surname?

Last edited:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yyou're still posting stuff designed to incite fear of anything but white skin and English/French surname?

yeah...anyway...it's a news story kid. complain to global I guess. maybe they'll knock it off.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
If I wanted to see it on Global, I'd be watching it on Global. This place used to be sort of a refuge from that shyte. Now it's more like a Kanadian Kontent Kollection. Thanks for that....

yeah...I count only 3 of my 10 threads thus far today as KKK-worthy. step up your game man.

Threads Started By: Locutus

Canadians feel least safe on public transit, see Islamic State as ‘major threat’ (KKK)
but anyway...coffee tables, ladders 'over there' and such. A majority of Canadians say they feel safe in most public spaces like churches and movie theatres, a new poll indicates. But most also remain wary of the threat posed to Canada by... (by Locutus)35 minutes ago

Baltimore’s 2015 murder rate highest per capita
23 victims were children Former Baltimore mayor Martin OMalleys attempt to capitalize on his gun control record during Novembers Democratic debate came with particularly bad timing, as the city had just that day recorded its 300th homicide of... (by Locutus)17 minutes ago

Why things look bleak for Newfoundland
Newfoundlands new Liberal government is facing a Greece-like mountain of red inkand has no clear path to tackle it There was a fierce debate during the 2015 federal election campaign over whether Prime Minister Stephen Harper had actually delivered... (by Locutus)11 minutes ago

Ten reasons why it’s wrong to change our electoral system
in the way the change is being proposed Stephen Taylor ‏@stephen_taylor ... (by Locutus)8 minutes ago

This day in history
History Today ‏@HistoryToday Signed on December 30th, 1853, the Gadsden Purchase settled the... (by Locutus)22 minutes ago

Ontario wants you to donate your next tax rebate
to help pay down the debt Residents of Ontario: The provincial government needs your help. See, the province has a little problem, something about a debt of $298.9 billion. And sadly, it has no plan to pay it down. You dont just happen upon... (by Locutus)1 week ago

Police capture two ISIL bombers in Turkish capital ahead of New Year’s Eve (KKK)
Counter-terrorism police units captured two Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) suicide bombers in Ankara preparing for a New Years Eve attack in an operation conducted in the capitals Mamak district on Dec. 30, the Ankara Chief Public... (by Locutus)50 minutes ago

Liberals Find Out What Happens When You Open Your Home To Muslim Refugees (KKK)
A white bleeding-heart leftist couple made headlines when they generously opened their home to a group of Muslim refugees allegedly fleeing devout Muslim militants. However, it didnt take long for their liberal policies to backfire in a racist and... (by Locutus)1 day ago

I don't think that I can bake it
As the western world struggles to decide who is and who isn't required under penalty of law to bake a cake, here's the latest on this rapidly developing story:Denver bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cake.That certainly helps to settle the... (by Locutus)Apr 5th, 2015

Paying down debt remains top financial priority of Canadians
Monte Solberg ‏@montesolberg Monte Solberg Retweeted Globe Investor Note it's the top... (by Locutus)3 hours ago

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What's there to be afraid of? My chances are worse pulling out onto Hwy 17 ... but nobody's devoting mega bandwidth to highway safety....

Pretty sure B00Mer has a "fed up with idiot drivers" thread on here somewhere......but that's probably not what you meant, lol.

The media always over exaggerates things.....no mater the topic. The trick is to cut through the B.S. to what's really the important part.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
yeah...I count only 3 of my 10 threads thus far today as KKK-worthy. step up your game man.

Threads Started By: Locutus

Canadians feel least safe on public transit, see Islamic State as ‘major threat’ (KKK)
but anyway...coffee tables, ladders 'over there' and such. A majority of Canadians say they feel safe in most public spaces like churches and movie theatres, a new poll indicates. But most also remain wary of the threat posed to Canada by... (by Locutus)35 minutes ago

Baltimore’s 2015 murder rate highest per capita
23 victims were children Former Baltimore mayor Martin OMalleys attempt to capitalize on his gun control record during Novembers Democratic debate came with particularly bad timing, as the city had just that day recorded its 300th homicide of... (by Locutus)17 minutes ago

Why things look bleak for Newfoundland
Newfoundlands new Liberal government is facing a Greece-like mountain of red inkand has no clear path to tackle it There was a fierce debate during the 2015 federal election campaign over whether Prime Minister Stephen Harper had actually delivered... (by Locutus)11 minutes ago

Ten reasons why it’s wrong to change our electoral system
in the way the change is being proposed Stephen Taylor ‏@stephen_taylor ... (by Locutus)8 minutes ago

This day in history
History Today ‏@HistoryToday Signed on December 30th, 1853, the Gadsden Purchase settled the... (by Locutus)22 minutes ago

Ontario wants you to donate your next tax rebate
to help pay down the debt Residents of Ontario: The provincial government needs your help. See, the province has a little problem, something about a debt of $298.9 billion. And sadly, it has no plan to pay it down. You dont just happen upon... (by Locutus)1 week ago

Police capture two ISIL bombers in Turkish capital ahead of New Year’s Eve (KKK)
Counter-terrorism police units captured two Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) suicide bombers in Ankara preparing for a New Years Eve attack in an operation conducted in the capitals Mamak district on Dec. 30, the Ankara Chief Public... (by Locutus)50 minutes ago

Liberals Find Out What Happens When You Open Your Home To Muslim Refugees (KKK)
A white bleeding-heart leftist couple made headlines when they generously opened their home to a group of Muslim refugees allegedly fleeing devout Muslim militants. However, it didnt take long for their liberal policies to backfire in a racist and... (by Locutus)1 day ago

I don't think that I can bake it
As the western world struggles to decide who is and who isn't required under penalty of law to bake a cake, here's the latest on this rapidly developing story:Denver bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cake.That certainly helps to settle the... (by Locutus)Apr 5th, 2015

Paying down debt remains top financial priority of Canadians
Monte Solberg ‏@montesolberg Monte Solberg Retweeted Globe Investor Note it's the top... (by Locutus)3 hours ago
The Ontario one scares the living sh-t outta me......as it should. Too bad it doesn't bother others.