French on course to be the world's most commonly spoken language by 2050

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
North America and South America about to get disowned by the rest of the world?? That would be the only way French would catch on or if 'I surrender' in French became a password to not getting a bullet. .

dans tes rêves.

How do you say 'How much?'

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Sure and that's why China is sending their kids to Canada in droves to learn to speak English! (and Germany, Spain, Japan etc.)

By the way, do you have any idea Africans now live in Canada and lots of them are Doctors. Thank goodness because lots of them are here so we're very lucky and happy.

Oops - should say - Lots of Africans now live in Canada.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Sub-Saharan Africa? Let's see, that would be the ex-French colonies of Upper Volta, Benin, French Guiana, Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, Central African Republic, and Malagasy Republic, all of which have a combined population of about 100 million or less than one-seventieth of the world's population. Really, who makes this sort of rubbish up and why would anyone post it without fact-checking? Those countries would have to have a reproducton rate like rabbits.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
What a load of nonsense that it.

MailOnline is telling us, in all seriousness, that Africa's population, currently 800 million, will rise to 4.5 billion by 2100. I don't believe that for a second, nor do I believe that French will overtake Chink, English and Spanish as the world's most spoken languages within just 35 years from now.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What a load of nonsense that it.

MailOnline is telling us, in all seriousness, that Africa's population, currently 800 million, will rise to 4.5 billion by 2100. I don't believe that for a second, nor do I believe that French will overtake Chink, English and Spanish as the world's most spoken languages within just 35 years from now.

I believe that language is more properly known as Chinese! Were you born ignorant or do you have to work at it?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When I look at Africa I see millions of sq km of top grade farmland going to waste. Africa could feed all of us twice over.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I believe that language is more properly known as Chinese! Were you born ignorant or do you have to work at it?

You can easily test your theory, Walter! Take a walk through Chinatown while hollering out "chink" "chink" "chink" a couple of dozen times! :) :)