Canadian Forces repel ISIS Attack

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Canadian Forces 'respond with fire' against ISIS in Iraq | CTV News

And what a stir this 'breaking news' has caused!
One has to wonder if the timing of this news conference has any connection to the indecision of the Liberal Government about Canada's continuing role in the coalition against ISIS.
Question to the Major General revealed the naivity of Canadians to the seriousness of the threat of ISIS, the role Canadian troops are playing and their ignorance of the realities of war.

- 'Were our special forces in danger?'
- 'Are our special forces near the front lines?'
-'What kind of weapons and ammunition did our troops use?;
- 'Were our troops shot at first?'
- 'Is this a combat role?'

The report revealed that ISIS attacked Kurds who were defending the border with over a hundred fighters in several locations and with well trained precision and sophisticated weapons.
The Kurds suffered casualties and the Canadian Special Forces, who were there for training purposes, called in strikes by Canadian bombers and returned ground fire which drove ISIS back.
There were no Canadian casualties.

It will be interesting to hear Government's response to this 'breaking news' if there is any response!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"Just after the bombing attack in Ankara, Turkish authorities said that the Islamic State (ISIS) was responsible. But in response, Turkish jets did not bomb ISIS; they bombed the Kurdish PKK, who are fighting ISIS."
Kurds Ask for Peace, Turkey Attacks

ISUS?
maybe they mean TURKEY
they don't like people fighting isus as the russians found out too

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Does anybody really know what's going on over there?
I should think the military would know but maybe government and media water it down for us.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
same ol balkanization
lather rinse dry repeat
gotta love those stolen syrian oil convoys into turkey for isus and erdogan
tarsands hiring yet?

and there is assad in the last election 2014 with like 80 percent support
gee
Kicks harper and JT
"Landslide Win for Assad in Syria's Presidential Elections
Kerry says Syrian vote, which only took place in government-held areas, are meaningless."
http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/1.597052

"Bush wins second term as Kerry concedes"
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/03/prez.main/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

lol
after the uS selections Lurch beaks off?

I think we should avoid foreign entanglments
we don't have anyone or anything to waste

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
same ol balkanization
lather rinse dry repeat
gotta love those stolen syrian oil convoys into turkey for isus and erdogan
tarsands hiring yet?

and there is assad in the last election 2014 with like 80 percent support
gee
Kicks harper and JT
"Landslide Win for Assad in Syria's Presidential Elections
Kerry says Syrian vote, which only took place in government-held areas, are meaningless."
Landslide Win for Assad in Syria's Presidential Elections - Middle East - Haaretz - Israeli News Source Haaretz.com

"Bush wins second term as Kerry concedes"
CNN.com - Bush wins second term as Kerry concedes - Nov 3, 2004

lol
after the uS selections Lurch beaks off?

I think we should avoid foreign entanglments
we don't have anyone or anything to waste

Perhaps you should give up the conspiracy biz and take a course on grammar.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The US School That Trains Dictators and Death Squads

On November 22, 2015, thousands gathered at the gates of Fort Benning, Georgia, at the 25th annual protest of the School of the Americas to memorialize the tens of thousands of people who lost their lives at the hands of the US empire's brutally repressive juntas it used to rule Latin America by force.
The dictators and death squad leaders, who committed acts of genocide, were trained within the gates of Fort Benning, at the School of the Americas - otherwise known as the "School of Assassins."

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

On November 22, 2015, thousands gathered at the gates of Fort Benning, Georgia, at the 25th annual protest of the School of the Americas to memorialize the tens of thousands of people who lost their lives at the hands of the US empire's brutally repressive juntas it used to rule Latin America by force.
The dictators and death squad leaders, who committed acts of genocide, were trained within the gates of Fort Benning, at the School of the Americas - otherwise known as the "School of Assassins."

Only you are stupid enough to believe we are as kind and good as you pretend to be.

When no one is looking, I know your as much of n a$$hole as the rest of us.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

You're outonalimb here RCS, Erdogan and son has been caught oily handed in the huge conspiracy to steal Iragi and Syrian oil and his daughter has been caught as operating a hospital which repairs damaged ISIS units and sends them back into terrorising Syrian civilians as does the Israeli military hospital units in the Golan. You can have several thousand links if you'd like them.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You're outonalimb here RCS,Erdogan and son has been caught oily handed in the huge conspiracy to steal Iragi and Syrian oil and his daughter has been caught as operating a hospital which repairs damaged ISIS units and sends them back into terrorising Syrian civilians as does the Israeli military hospital units in the Golan. You can have several thousand links if you'd like them.

I would never say that the West is completely clean of anything, but the crap you guys come up with is so far out there.

I find your posts quite entertaining DB, except when you go off on a Joo tangent.

As a courtesy, I looked at some of the thousands of links and the common denominator is conspiracy BS.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I would never say that the West is completely clean of anything, but the crap you guys come up with is so far out there.

I find your posts quite entertaining DB, except when you go off on a Joo tangent.

As a courtesy, I looked at some of the thousands of links and the common denominator is conspiracy BS.

You're a professional master of fiction RCS. Should I disregard that fact in consideration of your post?
How do you intend to support your insinuation of my tangentalisticisity when the nation in question dominates the news and the news production? There is no such thing as a Joo tangent, you have simply exercised your power of imagination and brought that awesome weapon into play against me and the legions of reason behind me.You and the others engaged in hopeless battle to have conspiracy consigned to the deepest reaches of human memory and consideration are held in check by the great regularity of convictions for that same supposed rarity.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

You keep telling yourself that.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You're a professional master of fiction RCS. Should I disregard that fact in consideration of your post?
How do you intend to support your insinuation of my tangentalisticisity when the nation in question dominates the news and the news production? There is no such thing as a Joo tangent, you have simply exercised your power of imagination and brought that awesome weapon into play against me and the legions of reason behind me.You and the others engaged in hopeless battle to have conspiracy consigned to the deepest reaches of human memory and consideration are held in check by the great regularity of convictions for that same supposed rarity.

Generally when writing fiction, adverbs are to be avoided at all costs. They not only annoy the reader, but muddy your message. In the case of the word: tangentalisticisity This one could be construed as an act of aggression, because a normal person would strangle on their own tongue trying to pronounce it.

However, seeing that you put it out there let's see if we can break it down.

tangentalisticisity

Tan jen tal is tis sis tee

Proper Noun: Tangent
A topic nearly unrelated to the main topic, but having a point in common with it

Imroper Adverb: Tangency
The state of being tangent; having contact at a single point or along a line without crossing

alisticisity
No available definition