Man Chokes at McD's... Customers Step over him

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Reading the story, it sounds like people didn't realize he was choking. Couldn't help but read about the alcohol and other issues with this man which probable contributed to his not being noticed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That explains them stepping over him to get to the food counter then.

It must be common to lay on a McDonald's floor in Angland.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
To be honest, many people in wheelchairs look as though they're constantly choking to death on something. Either that or they look as though they are trying to bite their own ear.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
That explains them stepping over him to get to the food counter then.

It must be common to lay on a McDonald's floor in Angland.

I did not get the impression he was laying on the floor. It implied he was sitting in his wheelchair in distress. If he was on the floor, then you would have a point.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Fat Briddish pigs couldn't get to their fries and onion rings fast enough.

They should stick to good old British fare, like fish and chips, Balti, chicken tikka masala and doner kebabs.

Nobody in their right mind should be eating McDonald's.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I did not get the impression he was laying on the floor. It implied he was sitting in his wheelchair in distress. If he was on the floor, then you would have a point.

And I quote....

"McDonald's customers stepped over a disabled man as he choked to death on a lump of meat so they could get served, an inquest heard. "

"One man who went to his aid told the inquest he saw several customers step over Mr Ore in order to get to the counter. "

"I could not believe it, but some customers stepped over his body to get to the counter."

They should stick to cold old British fare, like fish and chips, chicken tikka masala and doner kebabs.

That's another reason why the brits are so obese. Fried Fish and French Fries. They're better off getting a Filet O' Fish and supersizing it. Stupid whales.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That's another reason why the brits are so obese. Fried Fish and French Fries. They're better off getting a Filet O' Fish and supersizing it. Stupid whales.

Nah. They're not French fries. They're British chips. French fries are thin, dry and crispy. Proper British chips are big and chunky and fatty.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
And I quote....

"McDonald's customers stepped over a disabled man as he choked to death on a lump of meat so they could get served, an inquest heard. "

"One man who went to his aid told the inquest he saw several customers step over Mr Ore in order to get to the counter. "

"I could not believe it, but some customers stepped over his body to get to the counter."

My Bad. I misinterpreted this line:

Mike Ore, who had spina bifida, collapsed when a ball of food blocked his oesophagus as he sat in his wheelchair in the Cheltenham restaurant.
to think he had collapsed IN his wheelchair. Thought people were stepping over or around all or part of the chair.

Sad. I wonder if there are a lot of people rolling around the floors of British restaurants which make a choking victim hard to identify?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
There's only two things I care for at McD's. The filet o fish sandwich, and the apple pies. Use to like the big mac but not so much anymore.

I worked at that place when I was a kid. It's the only place I ever worked at where I got canned. They made me wear that stupid uniform and walk the neighborhood passing out flyers. I threw them in the trash and went home. :).

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Fat piglet brits drooling over the spice girls still.

You probably would have rifled through Mr. Ore's bag of McDonald's sh*t.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It takes 4 minutes to die from lack of oxygen to the brain.

If he smelled and looked like a homeless person, I can almost understand why they'd have gone around him. I've had a bad experience trying to help a homeless guy in our local park. He'd been robbed and I'm guessing punched a number of times. No blood, but he was on the ground. It was 5:30am and dark. I asked if he needed help, he told me he'd been robbed. I said I'll go home and call 911 (I didn't have my cell phone on me) he told me to fvck off and continued to wail about being robbed. He was rather verbally abusive. I guess he expected me and my small dogs to run off after the guy or something.

I left. I won't let that stop me from lending a helping hand if I can, but I know others just look away and keep walking. Minding their own business as it were. In the few minutes it takes to become unresponsive, it might have been difficult for the crowd to discern what was going on. Especially if the crowd was a large lunch / dinner crowd.

Poor guy.