Syria’s refugees: Who pays?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I like this line:
Premier Kathleen Wynne estimated that initially 10,000 Syrian refugees might gravitate to Ontario.

With its $10.3 billion deficit and a total debt of $288.1 billion, the Ontario government is hardly in a position to cover the additional health care expenses for the refugees or family reunification members.

Although the Canada Health Transfer was increased by 6%, the Ontario health budget for 2015-2016 of $50.8 billion was increased by only 1.2%.

Did Harper bugger off with 4.8%?

I suspect more jerking off the dog to feed the cat.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I like this line:

Did Harper bugger off with 4.8%?

I suspect more jerking off the dog to feed the cat.
Harper didn't bugger off with anything. BC is the ONLY Province whose residents pay a monthly health care premium. If the rest of you had to pay it too, the health care system might do considerably better.

Syria’s refugees: Who pays?

Syrias refugees: Who pays? | GUEST COLUMN | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun

Oh oh!

Economically beneficial.
Bear, you know as well as I do - were all going to pay, much more than we should and much more than most can.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Harper didn't bugger off with anything. BC is the ONLY Province whose residents pay a monthly health care premium. If the rest of you had to pay it too, the health care system might do considerably better.

VanIsle, BC is not the ONLY province whose residents pay a health care premium. Ontario residents pay through the filing of their annual tax returns.

And the health care system is not doing considerably better.