Who should pay for Justin's nannies?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sounds like there's another crisis happening, apparently Justin's kid's nannies are being billed to the public tab and opinions are widely divided! Apparently he's earning over $300 grand a year, so I personally think he should foot the bill out of his wages, for no other reason than "just because he can". It would also make his election platform look a little more plausible.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Has anybody checked to see who paid Harper's nanny? Security for the PM and his family would be paid by the state. I think child care for a PM's children would fall under that.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Has anybody checked to see who paid Harper's nanny? Security for the PM and his family would be paid by the state. I think child care for a PM's children would fall under that.

Did Harpo have 3 small kids?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I don't know, that is why I asked. None the less, The PM's family is a national security issue and I'm sure anyone in that position would need national security clearance.
I seem to recall when Pierre's first or second child was but a few months old, he disappeared for a day or two and after that, Pierre was rather less arrogant toward the Yanks. It was about that same time that he stopped using the Bank of Canada at low - no interest to borrow money from and started using the World Bank at high interest. I really think he had a gun to his head after that.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
meh...his man-keeper, his mr. french if you will...gerald butts, is lookin' after da pony.

the shiny one should own up to his hypocritical bullsh!t asap and then refuse to accept our donations to his poor wee children-busy wife fund.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Damn Straight, We Should Be Paying For Trudeau's Nannies

This is why people hate politicians. No, not Trudeau. The Conservatives using this nannygate non-scandal against him as a cheap political ploy to puncture his post-election popularity.
The accusation of hypocrisy over government-paid nannies to help with the prime minister's three young children feels petty and penny-ante. But as a parent, it's also incredibly insulting because of what it reveals about the lack of value and importance that these people put in child care.
Now the line that Conservatives like finance critic Lisa Raitt are peddling is that it's hypocritical because Trudeau slammed Stephen Harper's child-care tax plan.

Damn Straight, We Should Be Paying For Trudeau's Nannies | Joshua Ostroff

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

This is why people hate politicians. No, not Trudeau. The Conservatives using this nannygate non-scandal against him as a cheap political ploy to puncture his post-election popularity.
The accusation of hypocrisy over government-paid nannies to help with the prime minister's three young children feels petty and penny-ante. But as a parent, it's also incredibly insulting because of what it reveals about the lack of value and importance that these people put in child care.
Now the line that Conservatives like finance critic Lisa Raitt are peddling is that it's hypocritical because Trudeau slammed Stephen Harper's child-care tax plan.

Damn Straight, We Should Be Paying For Trudeau's NanniesÂ*|Â*Joshua Ostroff

I think the reason a lot of people are pissed off is that he's accepting credits he said he wouldn't do. Personally I don't really give a sh*t, as my portion of the cost might be 2 cents a year. It's just a matter of perception.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Damn Straight, We Should Be Paying For Trudeau's NanniesÂ*|Â*Joshua Ostroff

But you're not partisan.

It wouldn't be an issue if he hadn't campaigned about taking away child benefits to some Canadians who are already getting them. It just makes him seem completely hypocritical.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Justin is totally callable of paying for his nannie's and therefore should. He was born rich. His father, PET was also the son of a millionaire who made his fortune making and selling cement in Quebec (Can you imagine the corruption that it must have entailed!)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
People can turn in fees paid out for babysitters, just get a sig and they won't have to pay tax on it as it should be under the allowance. JT is sending his refund to a charity, you can hardly slam him for that.

I think he's a little too old for nanny.
Perhaps the nanny is to help give the adults in the family an opportunity to spend some quality time together. His dad had them induce labor on Dec.25 didn't he?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Stunning - who would have guessed that being Prime Minister of Canada would come with a few amenities. What's next, demanding that Sophie vacuum the house and have Justin shovel the front walk?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Apparently he's earning over $300 grand a year, so I personally think he should foot the bill out of his wages, for no other reason than "just because he can". It would also make his election platform look a little more plausible.

Not counting what his wife makes and other sources of income he has. I wouldnt really care either way if he hadnt said people like him didnt need government subsidies for childcare. He said it though, so it would be nice if he were at least consistent.

He has 2 who are old enough to not need a nanny now. 9-10 years ago was a different story.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not counting what his wife makes and other sources of income he has. I wouldnt really care either way if he hadnt said people like him didnt need government subsidies for childcare. He said it though, so it would be nice if he were at least consistent.

That's my take on the situation.