Active shooter reported in San Bernardino, California

Locutus
(CNN)[Breaking news update, posted at 2:57 p.m. ET]

CNN affiliate KABC (external - login to view)reported that the shooting took place at Inland Regional Center, a facility for people with developmental disabilities.

Inland Regional Center's Facebook page says it employs nearly 670 staff at its facilities in San Bernardino and Riverside counties, providing services to more than 30,200 people.

It aims to "work on a personal, one-on-one basis with people with developmental disabilities to make their lives better as they define it."
It is unclear how many people were at the San Bernardino facility at the time of the shooting.

[Previous story, posted at 2:48 p.m. ET]

Police in San Bernardino, California, tweeted a warning Wednesday that there was an active shooter situation.

There were one to three suspects, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department tweeted, citing the police department.

stay tuned bitches

San Bernardino shooting: Police report active shooter - CNN.com (external - login to view)

Bar Sinister
+2
Sadly there is nothing really new here. Just another case of Americans shooting other Americans. It is getting to be a big news item if a week goes by in the US where there is no mass shooting

lone wolf
+1
San Bernardino shooting: Cops say one to three suspects - CNN.com (external - login to view)

This world's going batty

...and I reported my duplicate post

HarperCons
+3
has boomer been seen in the last hour?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

Sadly there is nothing really new here. Just another case of Americans shooting other Americans. It is getting to be a big news item if a week goes by in the US where there is no mass shooting

Oh, chill the f*ck out. We don't constantly piss and moan to y'all about hockey.

EagleSmack
+2

Just like Obama said this week in Paris... mass shootings only happen here in the US. Did I mention he said that in Paris?

Mowich
+1

I was thinking somewhat along the same line, Bar. It seems that unexpected has become expected.

damngrumpy
+2
Mass shooting are all to common, No the world is not going batty
the people on the planet are. I think the real culprit is fixing the
social ills of the society. Mental illness, lack of jobs and all the
things that lead to desperation and a lack of hope.
These are more serious root causes, the guns are merely the
new hand held microphone for those under the burden they feel
No not everyone is going to take up guns but those on the margins
of society often resort to destruction rather than solving a problem

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Just like Obama said this week in Paris... mass shootings only happen here in the US. Did I mention he said that in Paris?

When I first read this, Eagle.............I went WTF. So I binged it and sure enough I found this.

Mr. Sensitivity: At Paris News Conference, Obama Says Mass Shootings Only Happen In America - Matt Vespa (external - login to view)

Almost spewed when I saw the article title.

Locutus
+2

he is such an arsehole.

Ludlow
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

When I first read this, Eagle.............I went WTF. So I binged it and sure enough I found this.

Mr. Sensitivity: At Paris News Conference, Obama Says Mass Shootings Only Happen In America - Matt Vespa (external - login to view)

You know I've come to the conclusion that all the president, and any other elected officials do, is give speeches aka,,,,run their mouths. WTF else do they do?

Tecumsehsbones
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

You know I've come to the conclusion that all the president, and any other elected officials do, is give speeches aka,,,,run their mouths. WTF else do they do?

Make policy. Spend money. Throw a war every now and then.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Eeeee yup!

“I mean, I say this every time we’ve got one of these mass shootings; this just doesn’t happen in other countries,”

And he said it this week.... in Paris.
Last edited by EagleSmack; Dec 2nd, 2015 at 03:52 PM..

AnnaG
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

San Bernardino shooting: Police report active shooter - CNN.com (external - login to view)

Well, the inactive shooters do not get into the news. sheeesh

Seriously, in a population of about 320,000,000 and where some 30% of the approximately 90% of the population that is of legal age to own one, own one or more of the between 270 million and 310 million firearms, it is not a surprise there is the occasional shooting.

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperConsView Post

has boomer been seen in the last hour?

Probably a Muzzie, so I was thinking it was you and your ISIS buddies.

WLDB
+1

Did he? Thats pretty funny if he did.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Possibly three shooters, with AK47's, might be more to meet the eye than the garden variety "Go Postal" shooter.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Sadly, the SWAT team was engaged elsewhere, serving a search warrant for marijuana on an 83-year-old wheelchair-bound woman.

Mowich
+2

And he said it this week.... in Paris.

I figure that gained him the 'Mr Sensitivity' tag.

AnnaG
lol.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Sadly, the SWAT team was engaged elsewhere, serving a search warrant for marijuana on an 83-year-old wheelchair-bound woman.

Not really, they were already suited up though.

San Bernardino SWAT team was training nearby and was suited, “ready to roll” - 12160 (external - login to view)

Locutus
San Bernardino Police System 10 - Live Audio Feed Web Player (external - login to view)

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Act as figure/talking heads. That IS their role. Oh and sign stuff.

Curious Cdn
Hey and it's only Wednesday. Does that mean that we get this whacko Mercan militia AS WELL AS the Friday crazed loner this week?

mentalfloss
+1
So did we get an Allah Akbar yet?

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Not really, they were already suited up though.

San Bernardino SWAT team was training nearby and was suited, “ready to roll” - 12160 (external - login to view)

Seems to be a common coincidence in many of these mass shootings.

Curious Cdn
+1 / -1
No but we got a "domestic Terrorism" from the cops. The body armor, combats, etc. imply American crazies, this time. Probably just some good ole boys exercising their right to form well armed militias.

Maybe, there is an abortion clinic in the building and it is a "right to life" protest.

Ludlow
+5
#28  Top Rated Post
Yes the appropriate reaction to events that have cost people their lives is taking the opportunity to put forth sarcastic comments. Truly is an insensitive and sick world.

EagleSmack
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

So did we get an Allah Akbar yet?

Not yet. Nor did we get a "Peace be with you". Which of course is what you're hoping for.

I just wish CuriousCdn was there so he could have fought them off like he did against NATO's adversaries in the 1970's.

B00Mer
Fukking Climate Change.. look what's it's done now?

no new posts