Man set to recant oath to the Queen right after citizenship ceremony

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
TORONTO – A soon-to-be Canadian has served notice that he plans to recant the mandatory Oath of Allegiance to the Queen immediately after he becomes a citizen.

In a letter sent to the citizenship court judge earlier this month, Dror Bar-Natan states his opposition to the oath, which he calls “repulsive,” and his plan to renege on the pledge following his citizenship ceremony on Monday.

The Queen is a symbol of entrenched and outdated privilege and the pledge is tantamount to a “hazing” ritual, Bar-Natan said in an interview.

Man set to recant oath to the Queen right after citizenship ceremony | Globalnews.ca

well... this useless piece of shyte can take his sorry a$$ back to Israel then.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Canada should ditch the Queen and become a Republic.
why? Canada has been a Parliamentary Monarchy for close to 150 years now. Why should we, as Canadians, "dump" the Monarchy because of a few "immigrants". If you don't like the fact that Canada has a Queen as head of state, then fu ck off and live some where else.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Becoming a democratic republic is attractive but it would be really expensive and would take a long time. Best we just continue even if we do have to carry a little dead weight.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You off your meds again boomer? What the hell are you talking about now?

Becoming a democratic republic is attractive but it would be really expensive and would take a long time. Best we just continue even if we do have to carry a little dead weight.

and what "dead weight" would that be?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
TORONTO – A soon-to-be Canadian has served notice that he plans to recant the mandatory Oath of Allegiance to the Queen immediately after he becomes a citizen.

In a letter sent to the citizenship court judge earlier this month, Dror Bar-Natan states his opposition to the oath, which he calls “repulsive,” and his plan to renege on the pledge following his citizenship ceremony on Monday.

The Queen is a symbol of entrenched and outdated privilege and the pledge is tantamount to a “hazing” ritual, Bar-Natan said in an interview.

Man set to recant oath to the Queen right after citizenship ceremony | Globalnews.ca

Just another azzhole.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
why? Canada has been a Parliamentary Monarchy for close to 150 years now. Why should we, as Canadians, "dump" the Monarchy because of a few "immigrants". If you don't like the fact that Canada has a Queen as head of state, then fu ck off and live some where else.

No, we shouldnt do it because of immigrants, we should do it because monarchy in general is archaic. It never made sense as a form of government. Not now, not 500 years ago or 1500 years ago. The idea that a person becomes head of state just because they happened to be born into the right family is just flat out stupid.

Now as for the f*cking off part. You don't have to like my opinion and can oppose it, but you cant dictate who can or cannot live here based on whether or not you like or agree with their opinion.

Becoming a democratic republic is attractive but it would be really expensive and would take a long time.

Yeah it isnt going to happen anytime soon but it'd be nice if it happened in my lifetime.

Or we can just strip him of his citizenship, and leave him as a landed immigrant.

Not sure if the law would support that. We'll see.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

And he thought he was coming to a state that respected freedom of belief. Anyone who disagrees with Canada's traditional beliefs aught to be introduced to a regimental firing squad as soon as possible!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The monarchy and parliament in general.

Prove it.

No, we shouldnt do it because of immigrants, we should do it because monarchy in general is archaic. It never made sense as a form of government. Not now, not 500 years ago or 1500 years ago. The idea that a person becomes head of state just because they happened to be born into the right family is just flat out stupid.

Now as for the f*cking off part. You don't have to like my opinion and can oppose it, but you cant dictate who can or cannot live here based on whether or not you like or agree with their opinion.

Were you born here? Do you hold 2 citizenships? If you answered no to both, then my statement didn't apply to you.

Now, if as a Canadian, you were to start talking separatism, that would be a different kettle of fish and I would be telling you to fu ck off if you didn't like Canada. KNow why? Because I have the same right as you do to voice my fu cking opinion!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I don't recognise the queen as head the country either. It is embarrassing to kiss a foreigner's azz in this day.

There are two things that don't belong in our constitution. That is god and monarch.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I don't recognise the queen as head the country either. It is embarrassing to kiss a foreigner's azz in this day.

You had better get used to it because it is practically impossible for us to get rid of the Monarchy under our current constitution. Everyone ... and I mean EVERY province would have to agree with it, to begin. Rots 'o ruck with that.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

There are two things that don't belong in our constitution. That is god and monarch.

That's wonderful. This idiot CHOSE to immigrate to Canada. He already knew what our form of government was. If he doesn't like it, then fu ck off. He is no different than any other immigrant coming to this country, wanting to change it, or not wanting to follow our customs, laws, and beliefs.