Truck driver assaults protester

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
by the looks of the RCMP station and its front door,
by this observation alone,the chances are great no charges will be laid is very high.
we as Canadians have a right to protest without being assaulted.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That poor driver! Man just trying to do his job, harassed and provoked by those communist lefty Muslims.

He should sue to get his job back. How dare they fire him for standing up to terrorism!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If the RCMP were to do their job there would be no protesters blocking a legal worksite in the first place. This is a legal dump site with all the proper permits so any protests rightfully should be held on the steps of the legislature, not causing a hazzard to people trying to earn a living. Classic case of NIMBYism.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If the RCMP were to do their job there would be no protesters blocking a legal worksite in the first place. This is a legal dump site with all the proper permits so any protests rightfully should be held on the steps of the legislature, not causing a hazzard to people trying to earn a living. Classic case of NIMBYism.
Damn right! How dare these protestors demonstrate in public space of their choosing. Dissenting only when and where the government permits you to dissent is a Canadian Valyoo!

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
That poor driver! Man just trying to do his job, harassed and provoked by those communist lefty Muslims.

He should sue to get his job back. How dare they fire him for standing up to terrorism!
oops i must have hit a low note with the the RCMP door to the detachment,my apoligies.

the company should have hired the RCMP or city police or whatever to ***** the agendas.
the RCMP are for hire,just pay cash and they are yours,why this company did not do this,i am not sure.
you can rent cops for all type of things.
nothing looked proper about this whole assault ordeal,did not notice one thing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

My old home town from birth until I was 11 years old- first time I saw it make the news. Maybe the truck driver had finally just had enough after several days! It should never have been allowed to go that far!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Taxslave, you live on this Island. You know small towns have very small detachments and it probably took awhile before anyone called the RCMP because they know the moment the police arrive - the whole thing is going to be shut down. You also know there is more to their job than hanging out around the dump. This situation is a little like buying a house near the airport or the railroad and then complaining about the noise. The truck driver appeared to be out of control so - he should have lost his job. I don't know how big Shawnigan is but I'm assuming there is only about 4 members there - maybe 5. Two would have been off duty. They might have had to call for backup. Things are not the same as they used to be.

Population of Shawnigan is about 8000. Bigger than I thought. Still probably not more than 10 members or less.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Taxslave, you live on this Island. You know small towns have very small detachments and it probably took awhile before anyone called the RCMP because they know the moment the police arrive - the whole thing is going to be shut down. You also know there is more to their job than hanging out around the dump. This situation is a little like buying a house near the airport or the railroad and then complaining about the noise. The truck driver appeared to be out of control so - he should have lost his job. I don't know how big Shawnigan is but I'm assuming there is only about 4 members there - maybe 5. Two would have been off duty. They might have had to call for backup. Things are not the same as they used to be.

Population of Shawnigan is about 8000. Bigger than I thought. Still probably not more than 10 members or less.

The RCMP had been there before because of the protesters. They had to have known the protesters would get out of control with no oversight. There are other detachments that can supply manpower.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

When I lived at Shawnigan pop. was about 500 and there was one cop. I think the truck driver should have been suspended for a couple of days just because it was a woman he assaulted, but she also has to take blame for her part in the incident. He was hired to do a job that was none of her business. Protestors are allowed to assemble, but they are NOT allowed to interfere with the operation.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
When I lived at Shawnigan pop. was about 500 and there was one cop. I think the truck driver should have been suspended for a couple of days just because it was a woman he assaulted, but she also has to take blame for her part in the incident. He was hired to do a job that was none of her business. Protestors are allowed to assemble, but they are NOT allowed to interfere with the operation.
Did you happen to hear of Jean Chretien, while you were there? I know he was older than you, but his stunt of pretending he had appendicitis just to miss school, must have made him a kind of legend with the kids there...
I heard about it from the hotel clerk when I stayed there for a couple of days on a job related visit to their Paper mill. He had gone to school with Chretien.
With their mill now closed ...I wonder how the town is doing.....?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

I doubt many people will confuse truck drivers with the more intelligent members of society

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
In '75 while working for a pipeline company while the mill in Kapuskasing was on strike, even though my job with them was on the ambulance...... since I spoke french they asked me if I would go and pick up a "ripper toe" they had made arrangements to purchase at a nearby paper mill.
I explained to the super, that since the paper mill industry was on a nationwide strike, that I would not crash the picket line but would see what I could do......
When I got there in the company truck, I stopped, got out and went to talk with the team Captain and explained to him what I was there for.
He said sure and even offered me a cup of coffee...Since he was just starting his 4 hour shift with the half dozen guys with him, I told him I'd be back later....
I picked up the "Toe", delivered it to the pipeline yard, got into my ambulance, went and got a forty pounder at the liquor store and brought it to the picket line and had that coffee with them!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Did you happen to hear of Jean Chretien, while you were there? I know he was older than you, but his stunt of pretending he had appendicitis just to miss school, must have made him a kind of legend with the kids there...
I heard about it from the hotel clerk when I stayed there for a couple of days on a job related visit to their Paper mill. He had gone to school with Chretien.
With their mill now closed ...I wonder how the town is doing.....?

I'm not sure if Jean Chretien ever made it to Shawnigan Lake- probably never even made it to Vancouver Island!

I doubt many people will confuse truck drivers with the more intelligent members of society

I've known several truck drivers who were among the more intelligent members of society........................my Dad for one!

There are likely wheel barrow jockeys who are more intelligent than you! :) :) :)

I have to apologize for my last statement alluding to Cannucklehead's intelligence..........instead of saying "more intelligent" I should have said "less ignorant". :)

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
.....................my Dad for one!

That explains a lot. The reality is (whether you choose to admit it or not) that uneducated immigrants that can barely read, write or speak English are being hired en masse to drive trucks so the standards aren't that high.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
That explains a lot. The reality is (whether you choose to admit it or not) that uneducated immigrants that can barely read, write or speak English are being hired en masse to drive trucks so the standards aren't that high.

More like cleaning and cooking like your mother did... a maid.

Majority of the truck driving jobs in Canada require a FAST Card to run the USA. New immigrants don't qualify, but they sure do qualify for working as a cook or maid like you're mother.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Majority of the truck driving jobs in Canada require a FAST Card to run the USA. New immigrants don't qualify, but they sure do qualify for working as a cook or maid like you're mother.

I knew it would be tough for you to accept.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Yep, Boomster just proved he's a truck driver.