Christian evangelists claim Starbucks fanned 'war on Christmas' ...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
...with minimalist holiday red coffee cups

Snowflakes, doves and trees are out and minimalism is in for Starbuck’s signature holiday cups — to the dismay of Christian evangelists.

The coffee chain’s seasonal designs are remixed each year, but this year’s tri-color tone of red, green and white has apparently angered some religious leaders for declaring a so-called “war on Christmas.”

“Starbucks REMOVED CHRISTMAS from their cups because they hate Jesus,” wrote former Arizona pastor Joshua Feuerstein in a viral Facebook post that had at least 8 million views Saturday night.

Student pastor Nate Weaver at the Crosspointe Christian Church in Sarasota, Fla., vowed to never visit Starbucks ever again.

I’m officially banning Starbucks from my life,” Weaver wrote in a Facebook post Saturday. “With the CEO of the company telling those who support pro-life that they don't want their money and now the Red Holiday cups with nothing that might tie to Christmas on them because they want to be politically correct.”

Outrage over the red cups is not exclusive to the United States. British politician David Burrowes joined the criticism against Starbucks’ new design as an attempt to play it safe.

“The Starbucks coffee cup change smells more of political correctness than a consumer-led change,” Burrowes told Breitbart London. “The public has a common sense grasp on the reality that at Christmas time, whether you have a Christian faith or not, Britain celebrates Christmas.”

The new cups were introduced as early as Oct. 22 in European coffee shops before expanding to American chains at the end of its booming pumpkin spice season.

The holiday designs date back to 1997 with artistic depictions of reindeers, vintage ornaments even shades of blue, according to a Starbucks statement on their latest cups.

The corporation started its tradition with a “jazzy Santa.”

In 2013, Starbucks decorated its cups with coffee flowers and poinsettias.

“This year we wanted to usher in the holidays with a purity of design that welcomes all of our stories,” said Starbucks’ Vice President of Design & Content Jeffrey Fields.

That inclusive design is at the heart of Feuerstein’s disdain.

“Starbucks has become a place of sanctuary during the holidays,” Fields added. “We’re embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it. It’s a more open way to usher in the holiday.”

While this year’s hot beverage cups lack any apparent sign of winter, the Frappuccino beverages get their own holiday cheer on top of an ice base. Those cups have snowflakes.

the rest
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ts-upset-starbucks-red-cups-article-1.2427180

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Change the nativity scene to a drive through. Put a Jesus tax of 3% on the bill and they would be all over it.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
oh, brother
:roll:

careful. You may want to add more words to avoid being accused of not maintaining someones perceived level of (insert inane idea here) that they have about you.

In all honesty these fanatics are not representative of the majority. There's nutbags in all groups. Grasping at a chance to get some attention for themselves.

yes, definately. It will also give some others a reason to be outraged about something for today.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
careful. You may want to add more words to avoid being accused of not maintaining someones perceived level of (insert inane idea here) that they have about you.

yes, definately. It will also give some others a reason to be outraged about something for today.
Yeah the radio jocks love to blow shyt like that out of proportion. Rash Limbutt pulls mole hill stories out of his fat a$$ on a regular basis to fill his radio scripts.

The liberal shock jocks do the same thing though. All the political / social know it alls love to stir the shyt of discontent.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I personally don't give a shït......Hate their coffee.
I can buy a large container of folgers for about ten bucks and it would last me almost a month. If I want a special flavor I buy that flavored creamer like French vanilla etc. Sometimes I think buying a three dollar cup of coffee is a status thing. There ain't a cup of coffee out there I'd pay three to five bucks for.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Oh, gee whiz! Maybe we should ban red and green things and put nativity scenes all over everything and carry crosses everywhere and pray for something every 5th footstep we take. Maybe that will make those dipsticks feel better.

Or not.

Some Christmas spirit those azzhats have going there.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Maybe we could all group up and sing a few tunes like "Snivel night, Whining night, all is red, all is green. Round yon ...."

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I personally don't give a shït......Hate their coffee.

Yes, it's only rivaled by Timmy's for blandness.

If this is a 'war on xmas' its too bad other wars arent fought the same way.

No money in it. Sorry to state the obvious.

Change the nativity scene to a drive through. Put a Jesus tax of 3% on the bill and they would be all over it.

Ummm. Blasphemer! The Jesus tax is 10% of what you earn.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yeah, it was Yahweh that wanted money, not Yeshua. Yeshua could feed zillions with a fish and a loaf of bread, build himself a house (he was a carpenter), etc. Yahweh needed ..... wait! What did Yahweh need money for again? I forgot.

Oh, coffee. It must have needed coffee money.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Where in the Gospel does it state:

'Thou shalt not drink in a room without a large crucifix hanging on the wall on Christmas day.'

It would be nice of they read their Gospel now and then.