Real Americans Dying!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Study: Deaths rates rising in middle-aged whites

By Mike Stobbe | AP November 2

NEW YORK — The U.S. death rate has been falling for decades, but researchers have detected one group in which the rates have been steadily ticking up — middle-aged white people. Suicides and deaths from drug overdose and alcohol abuse are being blamed.

Deaths rates for other races have continued to fall, as they have for whites 65 and older. But death rates for whites 35 to 44 have been level recently, they’re beginning to turn up for whites 55 to 64, and — most strikingly — death rates for whites ages 45 to 54 have risen by half a percent per year since 1998, said the authors, Anne Case and Angus Deaton of Princeton University.

The increase started in the late 1990s and probably is related to the increased availability around that time of certain prescription painkillers, they said.

“It certainly can’t be helping,” said Deaton, who last month was awarded a Nobel Prize in economics for unrelated work on consumer spending.

Their paper was published online Monday by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Federal researchers have reported — repeatedly — on worrisome increases in deaths from suicides and drug overdoses. And they have noted the bulk of those deaths have been white and middle-aged. So the Case and Deaton findings aren’t exactly surprising, said Robert Anderson, who oversees the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention branch that monitors death statistics.

But the Princeton pair brought a new lens to the government’s statistics, breaking down death numbers by age and race in a way the government has not highlighted, he added.

“White Americans who are middle-aged were really doing worse,” Case summarized. “And that’s not news we were hearing.”

There has not been a similar increase in middle-aged people living in other affluent countries, the researchers said.

Education is also a factor. The study found among whites with a college degree, the death rates were actually quite low. But for whites who achieved no more than a high school diploma, they were a whopping 736 per 100,000.

More at linky dinky: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...c60fc2-819c-11e5-8bd2-680fff868306_story.html

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's time dedicated centres were opened for white people - especially white males - for them to get all the help they need.

All females and non-white men have all sorts of dedicated centres they can go to in order to get help and support, but there is nothing out there for white men. This is one reason why suicide rates amongst white men, especially young white men, are so high. Something needs to be done about it, and that is to open dedicated centres for white males to go to to get help and support.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Of course, it's not really worth noting that their fatality statistics are about 2/3 of blacks in the same age group. That's ordinary. This is a CRISIS!

Not surprising, when blacks' idea of a meal is a KFC Mighty Bucket.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
White male = racist, bigot, homophobe, misogynist
No one will miss them.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You spelled 'us' as 'them'. Almost got a red for that slip, please correct while you till have time. Tic toc, repeat as needed.

Wear gloves, I wouldn't want you to get a blister in the finger you use for giving reds out. You do know those are for people who can't put their thoughts into words right???

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
White male = racist, bigot, homophobe, misogynist
No one will miss them.

Ironically, the first cases of racism on this thread were against white people.

You're a racist and a misandrist and you should be THOROUGHLY ashamed of yourself.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
GMOs and prescription drugs are very good supports for western medicine and help smooth lines on the chart encourageing investment and innovation. Death is a growth industry overlooked until now. It should give us all pause to reflect on our contributions to a healthy economy.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm afraid it's no longer open season on the white male. We're not taking the bigotry and hatred anymore and I - a proud hetrosexual Protestant white male - am one of the leaders of the fightback.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How did you become a loser as your type had control not that long ago. Could be the 1400 years you have been fighting Muslims without winning a single battle.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
How did you become a loser as your type had control not that long ago. Could be the 1400 years you have been fighting Muslims without winning a single battle.

Keep on telling yourself that and maybe think about exactly who is living in semi-12th century conditions and under the boots of their spiritual leaders.

You are the very model of a modern major general.

A general what?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I think many of us oldsters were guilty of neglecting preventative maintenance . As we got older the rings and bearings started to wear down and we needed pain killers. I've been in pain management places with my sister who takes them and it's like an assembly line in there. What do you do though? Take the meds and get relief, or shun the opiates and live in agony. Catch 22 in most cases.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I think many of us oldsters were guilty of neglecting preventative maintenance . As we got older the rings and bearings started to wear down and we needed pain killers. I've been in pain management places with my sister who takes them and it's like an assembly line in there. What do you do though? Take the meds and get relief, or shun the opiates and live in agony. Catch 22 in most cases.

That is one of the side effects of the medical advances allowing us to live many years longer

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
No surprise when their idea of a meal is rotten ronnies drive through.
.... and deep-fried chocolate bars, turkey, chicken, pizza, ice cream, cheeseburgers, cookie dough, battered bacon, cheesecake, and there's a lot of other deep-fried crap out there.