More Political Correctness?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Child pretends to shoot student with imaginary bow, suspended for 3 days

CINCINNATI —A first-grader at Our Lady of Lourdes is serving a three-day suspension for pretending to shoot another student with a bow and arrow.
Related

The boy's parents, Matthew and Martha Miele, told WLWT their son was playing a game of Power Rangers at recess on Thursday when it happened.
"I think he's a good principal. I just think a bad decision was made," Matthew Miele said.
Watch this story
Martha Miele said she was called Thursday afternoon while at work by Principal Joe Crachiolo.
"I didn't really understand. I had him on the phone for a good amount of time so he could really explain to me what he was trying to tell me," Martha Miele said. "My question to him was 'Is this really necessary? Does this really need to be a three-day suspension under the circumstances that he was playing and he's 6 years old?'"
The Mieles sent Crachiolo an email Thursday evening and met with him Friday morning asking him to reconsider.
"He told me that he was going to stand firm and that he was not going to change it," Martha Miele said.

More: Child pretends to shoot student with imaginary bow, suspended for 3 days | Local News - WLWT Home

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Pettiness from the politically correct. Perfectly pathetic. Perfectly predictable.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Pettiness from the politically correct. Perfectly pathetic. Perfectly predictable.
How is this politically correct? It's certainly namby-pamby BS, but I thought political correctness was about calling people ******s, spics, kikes, bitches, and redskins.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
How is this politically correct? It's certainly namby-pamby BS, but I thought political correctness was about calling people ******s, spics, kikes, bitches, and redskins.

I thought it was about not 'calling people ******s, spics, kikes, bitches, and redskins'.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

It's about a lot more than that! I was informed by my 7 year old grandson that we can't use words like 'stupid', 'loser' or 'God'. Kids can't have toy guns or even point their fingers and say 'bang'. They can't have a jackknife in their possession.
I don't understand how they can teach kids it's bad to play imaginary gun games then send young people off to a real war and wonder why they go nuts and commit suicide after they see the killing that goes on in a war zone.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Its not about political correctness. Its about policy makers not allowing underlings to make decisions. "Political Correctness" is just a catch phrase uninformed people throw out when they don't like what's happening.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's about a lot more than that! I was informed by my 7 year old grandson that we can't use words like 'stupid', 'loser' or 'God'. Kids can't have toy guns or even point their fingers and say 'bang'. They can't have a jackknife in their possession.
I don't understand how they can teach kids it's bad to play imaginary gun games then send young people off to a real war and wonder why they go nuts and commit suicide after they see the killing that goes on in a war zone.
I'm pretty sure playing with toy guns or imaginary guns isn't really very good preparation for war.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sad isn't it? I had my own hatchet when I was 5 years old. It was my job to keep the kindling box full (for 25 cents a week) Of course every kid had a cap gun, even some of the girls (pretty hard to play Cowboys & Indians without one). We made our own bows and arrows when we were 8 or 9 years old. When I was 11 my dad gave me a Steven's single shot .22. That sucker put a lot of grouse on the table. It's sad the way kids live today...............getting eye strain off a f**king I Pod. It's criminal.

I'm pretty sure playing with toy guns or imaginary guns isn't really very good preparation for war.

No but it's fun and you get some exercise unlike the couch potatoes today. The problem today is too many f**king idiots equate playing Cowboys & Indians with real war.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Its not about political correctness. Its about policy makers not allowing underlings to make decisions. "Political Correctness" is just a catch phrase uninformed people throw out when they don't like what's happening.
That, too. But, it is also PCness because displaying violence may offend the anti-gun or anti-violence mobs. It may even offend the person being pretend shot. It certainly seems to have offended that Cincinnati school's administration.

We should set the clocks ahead 2 hours they have more daylight hours to play in after school.
And have 2 more hours in the winter mornings of people having accidents in the dark.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
This is so offensive. :crybaby:
I see Cannuck has trained you well