Harper and crew to meet Thursday

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I just heard on C.B.C. radio that Harper and his caucus are to meet on Thursday to try to figure out why they lost the election. I think one reason that might emerge fairly early will be stupidity among the electorate! :)

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
They were in for 9 years. Historically speaking most of our governments are voted out around that mark. Tends to go for both parties.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They were in for 9 years. Historically speaking most of our governments are voted out around that mark. Tends to go for both parties.

I somehow doubt he's all that upset over it- why prolong the agony and accusations and bickering. He's left a good legacy & the country (some idiots will argue) is in good shape. His pension will likely be double or triple what most people's is.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I somehow doubt he's all that upset over it

Not many people like losing. That is probably hard to take. Though Im sure he wont show that side. His concession speech was quite good but I dont see how he could not be disappointed at the loss. Particularly when its to a Trudeau.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Good riddance. We'll be paying them their platinum plated pensions until death do they part. Better sooner rather than later.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not many people like losing. That is probably hard to take. Though Im sure he wont show that side. His concession speech was quite good but I dont see how he could not be disappointed at the loss. Particularly when its to a Trudeau.

He might just be laughing at the stupidity of all the people who helped elected Justin. I think it was probably a bit of a shock at first, but I'd bet he was over it in 24 hours! You might see some good entertainment in the coming months.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I just heard on C.B.C. radio that Harper and his caucus are to meet on Thursday to try to figure out why they lost the election. I think one reason that might emerge fairly early will be stupidity among the electorate! :)

One obvious reason is that they didn't get enough votes. I think the Tories might have got a lot more votes without Harper.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I've heard a lot of Conservatives (MPs and former MPs) say it had to do with their messaging, losing focus on the economy as the central issue, poor campaign management and their relentless negativity. One strategist always on CBC said the Conservative party has always been positive and optimistic but they'd abandoned that in the last few years. That is, of course, horse****, but when Conservatives go on about it, you can see and hear the remorse. It's almost like they know did something wrong and they're disappointed in themselves of sinking to such moral lows.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Good riddance. We'll be paying them their platinum plated pensions until death do they part. Better sooner rather than later.

Under C51 that could be misconscrewed as a threat. I hope you're not suggesting shorter periods of pension as a remedy.

I've heard a lot of Conservatives (MPs and former MPs) say it had to do with their messaging, losing focus on the economy as the central issue, poor campaign management and their relentless negativity. One strategist always on CBC said the Conservative party has always been positive and optimistic but they'd abandoned that in the last few years. That is, of course, horse****, but when Conservatives go on about it, you can see and hear the remorse. It's almost like they know did something wrong and they're disappointed in themselves of sinking to such moral lows.

They know they did something wrong but they don't know what it was, and being right wing lunatics they will never figure it out.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
You might see some good entertainment in the coming months.

Yeah, if one of the Ford brothers tries to run for the leadership of the Conservatives. That'd be hilarious.

Sorry, I didn't mean to word it quite that way, actually some other people got the same thing who didn't vote Conservative. :) :) :) :)

Indeed. I know some of them.

Absolutely! Or a lot fewer!

Based on what quite a few people in the party have been saying Harper was holding them back. A lot of them feel that if he hadnt been in the picture the Conservatives would have had a much better chance. Even some of the main guys in his cabinet like Tony Clement.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah, if one of the Ford brothers tries to run for the leadership of the Conservatives. That'd be hilarious.

I think quite a few people make the mistake of judging Doug Ford by Rob's antics. Could be a huge mistake...........two different articles!

Instead of that answer ,I would have asked him if he prefers Cash or pipedreams as payment..................

Nah, some people mean well & think they are being sincere!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's almost like they know did something wrong and they're disappointed in themselves of sinking to such moral lows.

I did nothing wrong. I am not the least disappointed in myself as I did not sink to any moral low. I do believe our party lost its way in the last term and veered far too right for my liking. I hope that this will give the party a chance to revitalize itself and choose a leader who does not play his/her cards so close to the chest. There is much to be said for Justin's approach.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
. It's almost like they know did something wrong and they're disappointed in themselves of sinking to such moral lows.

Most normal people don't set out to do anything wrong, but looking back gives you a lot better perspective than looking ahead. I've made my share of mistakes in my life but was only able to recognize them by looking back. I would guess it's much the same with Harper. When you are looking ahead you don't get to see all the forces that will be working against you, so you have no idea how or how much to compensate.