A$$hole in Kamloops inserts sewing needle in kids' treats!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just got that piece of delightful news on C.B.C. radio news at 9:30 A.M. A$$hole should be charged with attempted murder if caught!

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Yes, this is why some feel that trick or treating is now too dangerous for kids. Add to the evil people who want to hurt kids the heavy traffic with crazed drivers and it isn't really safe for kids in costumes to be roaming around after dark.
It would make more sense to have community parties in the local community centers, schools, churches or even in homes. Let the kids have a 'best costume' contest, play games and give out goodies. That way they could be kept safe and still have fun.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh, so putting metal shards in candy and giving cough syrup is a big joke to you...

I can see how you would get off on sick twisted crap like that..

So Fat head thinks a news story is necessarily a hoax!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Oh, so putting metal shards in candy and giving cough syrup is a big joke to you...

I can see how you would get off on sick twisted crap like that..

You should stop being so silly and read your own links

Earlier Sunday, police posted a notice on Facebook about a report of a metallic object found under the wrapper of a candy bar. By Sunday afternoon, the department said the report was a hoax

So Fat head thinks a news story is necessarily a hoax!

It takes a lot of effort to be sillier than Boomer. Good work

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
that has happened before in Phoenix. Many years ago parasites were putting a lot of harmful substances in candy for the trick or treaters. We selected certain neighborhoods for our kids and my ex always went with.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Actually there has been the odd case of someone putting foreign stuff in candy. It was actually someone trying to smuggle pot and some poor guy bought what he thought were Snickers bars. He handed them out and a parent discovered the candy wrapper was full of pot.
Poisoned by pot, so to speak. haha

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sure.... Give Cannuck another thread. Don't feed the troll. Banish it

Did they manage to banish the Black Plague?

Yes, this is why some feel that trick or treating is now too dangerous for kids. Add to the evil people who want to hurt kids the heavy traffic with crazed drivers and it isn't really safe for kids in costumes to be roaming around after dark.
It would make more sense to have community parties in the local community centers, schools, churches or even in homes. Let the kids have a 'best costume' contest, play games and give out goodies. That way they could be kept safe and still have fun.

I don't really like the way things are going that we have to resort to all the above, although I suppose it's preferable to having a child harmed. I think there's a third choice- any bastard guilty of harming children or being a threat to children should get 50 strokes with the paddle. It's our weak kneed justice system who is largely responsible for the way things have deteriorated in the past 50 years.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've always thought that blades and needles in Hallowe'en candy was a form of Munchhausen syndrome.

I am sure no one in Kamloops put needles in the candy except for the person who found them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've always thought that blades and needles in Hallowe'en candy was a form of Munchhausen syndrome.

I am sure no one in Kamloops put needles in the candy except for the person who found them.

I wouldn't bet my first born on that, Walter!