Justin's tenure could be a little shaky!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Watching C.B.C. news this morning I'm getting the feeling that Justin may be big on ideas but has no inkling about the necessary planning to follow up. It appears he's just left this aspect to others regarding importing 25,000 refugees in the next two months. Apparently moving them in here and providing the proper housing will be all but impossible. The military doesn't have planes available to move them and neither does the private sector. To accomplish it, it may be necessary to hire half a dozen cruise ships if available. Once they are here the problems are just beginning apparently. This also casts doubt on some of his other big plans. Apparently legalizing marijuana sales (from what I heard on C.B.C). is not an easy fait de compli either. Make one wonder if the kid really knows what he's doing. Perhaps he should retain Harper for some sound advice!

Last edited:

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
Has he even been sworn in yet???
I'd imagine hes still in shock looking at the real mess his Royal highness Harpo the greatest has created.

10 years of incompetence cleaned up in two weeks

It's better to think out your plans, and get suggestions from intelligent people before enacting them.

That's what you do in a democracy

Not a harpo dictatorship.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Watch C.B.C. news this morning I'm getting the feeling that Justin may be big on ideas but no inkling about the necessary planning to follow up. It appears he's just left this aspect to others regarding importing 25,000 refugees in the next two months. Apparently moving them in here and providing the proper housing will be all but impossible. The military doesn't have planes available to move them and neither does the private sector. To accomplish it, it may be necessary to hire half a dozen cruise ships if available. Once they are here the problems are just beginning apparently. This also casts doubt on some of his other big plans. Apparently legalizing marijuana sales (from what I heard on C.B.C. is not an easy fait de compli either. Make one wonder if the kid really knows what he's doing. Perhaps he should retain Harper for some sound advice!

"Refugee settlement groups in Canada aren't sure it's wise. While they applaud the goal and the good intentions, they fear it's too much, too fast. And they're saying so, as the government consults with representatives of major refugee agencies on how to proceed, based on their current capabilities.

"Providing more time for this large resettlement movement will lead to better resettlement outcomes," said Chris Friesen, the president of the Canadian Immigrant Settlement Sector Alliance.

Friesen was part of a conference call Tuesday when federal officials were urged to stretch their future Liberal bosses' ambitions out over a slightly longer horizon.

"Reconsider the time frame, keep the number but let's do it over 2016 to the end of 2016," he told CBC News.

"Twenty-five thousand over two months is problematic."

"The military option will bring them in on the short haul, but more consideration is needed post-arrival to actually figure out how to successfully integrate 25,000 Syrians over an eight-week period," Friesen said.

"The challenges post-arrival are significant," he said, noting a shortage of affordable housing and a lack of resources for health-care services in some places.

"We've got waiting lists for language classes for six to 10 months in certain cities. We don't have trauma support programs in place to address the two-thirds of Syrians who are going to require mental health interventions."

Justin Trudeau's Promise To Take 25,000 Syrian Refugees This Year 'Problematic'

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'd imagine hes still in shock looking at the real mess his Royal highness Harpo the greatest has created.

It's better to think out your plans, and get suggestions from intelligent people before enacting them.

I think Harper will soon look like the golden haired boy. I give it 6 months!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
"Refugee settlement groups in Canada aren't sure it's wise. While they applaud the goal and the good intentions, they fear it's too much, too fast. And they're saying so, as the government consults with representatives of major refugee agencies on how to proceed, based on their current capabilities.

I JUST started a thread with this before I revisited this thread.

However I believe it deserves it's own thread.

I think Harper will soon look like the golden haired boy. I give it 6 months!

The Libs are already nervous.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The evil that is in the world almost always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding.

Albert Camus

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There is no doubt. But hey.... what problem could thousands of single Syrian men aged 21-40 possibly get into?

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
ignorance, and good intentions....LOL

As opposed to ignorance and total disregard.

Harpo will never be looked at as the fair haired boy

His legacy will hold him just a little bit lower than Brian Mulroney who also destroyed the conservative party.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

You mean 10 years of good government fukked up in one quick dwama class.

His legacy will hold him just a little bit lower than Brian Mulroney who also destroyed the conservative party.

Ignorance ant total disregard is what we got from turdowe sr. Do you really expect jr to do better?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

... And the excuses start already.

Buddy hasn't been in power for a couple of weeks and the ideologues are already lining up to deliver excuses.

Oh well, it's not as if this wasn't expected

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ignorance ant total disregard is what we got from turdowe sr. Do you really expect jr to do better?

He hasn't even started and he is already losing his grip.

... And the excuses start already.

Buddy hasn't been in power for a couple of weeks and the ideologues are already lining up to deliver excuses.

Oh well, it's not as if this wasn't expected

Exactly!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Only time will tell what Mr Harper's legacy will be..............but hey don't let that stop you from your hate campaign. Time will also tell just how well the boy fares.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Only time will tell what Mr Harper's legacy will be..............but hey don't let that stop you from your hate campaign. Time will also tell just how well the boy fairs.

There is already a funny sound in their engine.

Shaky

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I wouldn't bet my first born! :) :)

Of course he's going to have a shaky tenure. All the sour grapes being tossed his way make the footing a bit slippery

Is it "sour grapes" or just the realization of some facts? I don't think any of the leaders' promises were particularly well thought out- Justin only prevailed because he came across as the nicest candidate- Harper didn't really give a sh*t!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Watching C.B.C. news this morning I'm getting the feeling that Justin may be big on ideas but has no inkling about the necessary planning to follow up. It appears he's just left this aspect to others regarding importing 25,000 refugees in the next two months. Apparently moving them in here and providing the proper housing will be all but impossible. The military doesn't have planes available to move them and neither does the private sector. To accomplish it, it may be necessary to hire half a dozen cruise ships if available. Once they are here the problems are just beginning apparently. This also casts doubt on some of his other big plans. Apparently legalizing marijuana sales (from what I heard on C.B.C). is not an easy fait de compli either. Make one wonder if the kid really knows what he's doing. Perhaps he should retain Harper for some sound advice!
You were watching Canapravda?

Shame on you.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I wouldn't bet my first born! :) :)

Is it "sour grapes" or just the realization of some facts? I don't think any of the leaders' promises were particularly well thought out- Justin only prevailed because he came across as the nicest candidate- Harper didn't really give a sh*t!
Agreed Junior didn't give much thought to his election gimmicks. That, accompanied by sore losers in the peanut gallery will make the road rocky. Here's to hoping he doesn't lead according to the Wynner's plan....