Woman sues nephew, 12, for hug that broke her wrist, made holding hors d’oeuvre plate

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
With family like this, who needs enemies?

The incident happened four years ago when Jennifer Connell arrived in Westport, Connecticut for her nephew Sean Tarala’s birthday.

Connell testified last week that she loves her nephew, and though he’s always been “very loving, [and] sensitive” towards her, he should be held liable for his actions, according to the Connecticut Post.

The court heard that Sean was riding his new two-wheeler bicycle when she arrived and when he spotted her, he dropped the bike and yelled “Auntie Jen, Auntie Jen.”

“All of a sudden he was there in the air, I had to catch him and we tumbled onto the ground,” Connell testified according to the Connecticut Post.

“I remember him shouting, ‘Auntie Jen I love you,’ and there he was flying at me.”
She testified that the energetic embrace caused her to fall to the ground and break her wrist. She testified that since the incident, her life in Manhattan has been “very difficult.”

“I live in Manhattan in a third-floor walk-up so it has been very difficult,” she said. “And we all know how crowded it is in Manhattan.”

“I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvre plate,” she said, according to the newspaper.
The lawsuit claims, “The injuries, losses and harms to the plaintiff were caused by the negligence and carelessness of the minor defendant in that a reasonable eight years old under those circumstances would know or should have known that a forceful greeting such as the one delivered by the defendant to the plaintiff could cause the harms and losses suffered by the plaintiff.”
Woman sues nephew, 12, for hug that broke her wrist, made holding hors d’oeuvre plate hard - National | Globalnews.ca

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
holy crap!!
Her 3rd floor walkup has mould or something in the air? Lead-based paint What's she doing licking the paint?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
holy crap!!
Her 3rd floor walkup has mould or something in the air? Lead-based paint What's she doing licking the paint?

well her wrist hurts you know. She can't hold a plate in it. Maybe she'll need a wrist transplant. She's certainly going to need a family transplant.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Jury found against her. It's all over but the next couple of weeks of outrage, and maybe a necro-thread revival or two down the road some.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
She lives in Manhattan... nephew lives in Westport Ct.

Rich white people problems
Hey, the first world is a tough place. Just yesterday I ran out of fresh-roasted coffee beans for my espresso. I had to go on-line to order more, and wait almost two hours for the delivery!

Those third-world peasants will never have to face such stress!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I was skeptical of her suit. That is until she said she had trouble hold the trays of hors d'oeuvers. Then I felt bad.

But THEN I said... what is she doing holding a plate of hors d'oeuvers to begin with!?... and did not feel so bad after all.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Geez, I guess her other arm is just painted on or something.

gee Jinentonix, don't you realize that her other arm is for waving around to emphasize her very important talking points? How is she suppose to manage getting her points across AND hold a plate? You're simply asking too much of her. She's clearly got some very heavy mental limitations if she's willing to sue her own (not even an adult) yet flesh and blood for a complete and utter accident that would one would never ever expect to be a dangerous action.

Maybe we could recommend that she get a feelings transplant, eh?

Jury found against her. It's all over but the next couple of weeks of outrage, and maybe a necro-thread revival or two down the road some.

so, something to look forward to. It's almost halloween, so there should be a bunch of necro threads haunting the forums soon....insert spooky music here.