University of Toronto alters bathroom policy after two reports of voyeurism

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
but cool, hip, proggy, gender-neutral bathrooms and all that compassionate jazz or jizz.

anyway...

One college at the university is cutting back on gender-neutral bathrooms after two residents of Whitney Hall became the victims of voyeurism via cellphone.

The University of Toronto has decreased the number of gender-neutral bathrooms in one of its colleges after two women became victims of voyeurism when they were filmed while showering.

Toronto Police Const. Victor Kwong said Monday that two women in separate instances at the Whitney Hall residence reported that they saw a cellphone reach over the shower-stall dividers in an attempt to record them. Police have yet to find any information about the culprit, but the investigation is ongoing.

At least one gender-neutral washroom remains on each floor.

Melinda Scott, the dean of students at University College, said some bathrooms in Whitney Hall have now been designated specifically for residents who identify as men or women. However, several gender-neutral bathrooms remain.

“The purpose of this temporary measure is to provide a safe space for the women who have been directly impacted by the incidents of voyeurism and other students who may feel more comfortable in a single-gender washroom,” said Scott.

According to the Varsity campus newspaper, the two cellphone incidents occurred Sept. 15 and Sept. 19.

Scott says the college will be revaluating the designation of the bathrooms in the coming weeks. “The UC Residences continue to work in close collaboration with the Community Safety Office and Campus Police to ensure that the residences are a safe space for our students.”

University of Toronto alters bathroom policy after two reports of voyeurism | Toronto Star

I love the smell of progressive failures in the morning, it smells of victory

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Gee, who didn't see that coming? I mean aside from the usual gang of prog-tards who absolutely refuse to think things through.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
We have gender neutral bathrooms here and barely anyone uses them here. I used them once cause I had to really go and I feel bad for the poor woman who went in after me lol

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You would think they could have not included the bathrooms with showers, far as I know farts smell the same from either gender.