Behold the modern campus, home of deep thought and cool intellects

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Hysterical and Therefore Righteous

The incident happened Tuesday night, when students thought they found several nooses hanging from a tree. Word quickly spread as campus officials swiftly released a statement condemning the foul hate crime. But come morning, police said a short investigation had led them to conclude the “nooses” were really just the remnants of paper lanterns from an event held all the way back in June.

In the video linked here police chief Patrick Ogden calmly explains what a paper lantern looks like, and the fact that a paper lantern isn’t actually a symbol of racial hatred.

Yes, I know. It’s almost funny. But then,

Unperturbed by the truth, students launched an assembly following the incident to speak as though the hate crime really did happen.

According to the News Journal, a local paper, the assembly was held “to find ways to change the campus climate” in the wake of the bad atmosphere apparently exposed by a fictional hate crime… One administrator said the climate of hate at Delaware was exposed by the mere fact he could even believe the alleged hate crime occurred.

And so,

The University of Delaware’s vice provost for diversity Carol Henderson… said the college is planning to launch a new “diversity action plan” as soon as it’s approved by school officials.

With so many witch finders now in business, witches will be found.

davidthompson: Hysterical and Therefore Righteous

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Ban the paper lantern. It's an obvious symbol of racism and hatred.

Seriously, I f*cking weep for our future if these are the kind of morons attending university these days.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Makes me wonder if some positive comments were made towards the "nooses".

Seems that a place of higher learning should continue dialogue. talking / discussing / open dialogue is a skill that is not taught in schools (for the most part), or at home, or on social media, or the internet. Screaming, yelling, threatening and the ever present chant "I'm offended" is all the dialogue most people are equipped for.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
SJWs are in need of loctite blue. The loctite red can't take the brain overheating and screws will loosen.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Makes me wonder if some positive comments were made towards the "nooses".

Seems that a place of higher learning should continue dialogue. talking / discussing / open dialogue is a skill that is not taught in schools (for the most part), or at home, or on social media, or the internet. Screaming, yelling, threatening and the ever present chant "I'm offended" is all the dialogue most people are equipped for.

Which is exactly what this dialogue, discussion, and talking will be. More collegiate infantilism. It is the new way in universities. Extreme coddling.

No wonder why many have break downs when they get to the real world.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Which is exactly what this dialogue, discussion, and talking will be. More collegiate infantilism. It is the new way in universities. Extreme coddling.

No wonder why many have break downs when they get to the real world.
Two of my offsprung got degrees and it is killing me to reeducate them. Un believable the slop still left in thier heads mostly about the LBGTQP communities and the miracle of western democracies. I'v told them both that I ain't picking up the tab for the student loans I advised them not to swallow in the first place.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Conspiracy theories aren't viable reeducation materials.

Then why do you spend so much time attempting to debunk so called obvious errors in thinking? Wouldn't you be better served by continuing your vital work with dirt uninterrupted with what you consider falsities rather than follow alleged idiots to the adit of thier rabbit hole?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Weird. But then I suppose some minds just cannot handle the responsibility of training so many human minds to think rather than present kneejerk reactions.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Modern Western universities - no longer the bastions of free speech they used to be and are supposed to be. They've been taken over by a (mainly female) cadre of right-on, anti-male (no wonder male students are snubbing uni these days) Guardianista-types who see offence in every slightest thing and no speech must be made or opinion given which goes against what they believe.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Modern Western universities - no longer the bastions of free speech they used to be and are supposed to be. They've been taken over by a (mainly female) cadre of right-on, anti-male (no wonder male students are snubbing uni these days) Guardianista-types who see offence in every slightest thing and no speech must be made or opinion given which goes against what they believe.

Who'd have thought men would give up so easily..I guess you guys just can't hack it.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Who'd have thought men would give up so easily..I guess you guys just can't hack it.

We are talking about englishmen

See I'm confused about this. They teach engineering to 14 yr olds in Texas?

The kid put together a simple Radio Shack type digital clock that beeps and put it in a brief case and brought it to school in his back pack. He's a genius and has now invented the digital clock.

Oh... he's a hero now as well.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
But American men knew enough not to build ships from flammable metals.
We learned the flammability of Mg in gr 7 science class. It burns very bright and very hot.
That makes me wonder if the Brits ever tried building stuff from Na and sticking them near water, too.