$Millions parked in Isle of Man in tax dodge!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Tax dodges, are great. The Irvinging family has its holdings in the Bahamas, Belize is another great place to hide you assets from being taxed.

Most of the Caribbean Islands are low tax shelters and offer 2nd Citizenship programs which are available for about $50,000 to $250,000 investment.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Not a chance.

KPMG offshore 'sham' deceived tax authorities, CRA alleges - Business - CBC News

If Jr. is as capable of being Prime Minister as he thinks he is, he should delay his tactics of going in debt until after he's recovered the $millions owed to Rev. Canada and the perpetrators are in jail. That would be a good Prime Minister- until then he's just a f**king puppet. Harper and Mulehair should entertain the same step.

Try to guess who might have employed these specimins and sponsered them and endorsed them to become this elections selection pool and what the chances are of recovering monies. The first thing they learn in the good schools is how to hide the loot and cover up the tracks.Promising to eat more debt now may have just got him elected if the citizens don't object and they well mightn"t cuz debt grows employment, food and stuff, womins and parties.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They didn't do a very good job of hiding.

They should have sent CRA after bin Laden. It would have been a decade quicker.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yep..........................................for the A$$hole who doesn't want to contribute his share to help his country to run properly!

That's a pretty aggressive comment considering that many high net worth individuals will pay more in individual income taxes each year than most people pay in a 20 year span.

If you really want to use the expression 'fair share', ya might want to look at the actual dollars paid by all people, not just the high income earners

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
captain morgan;2162662]That's a pretty aggressive comment considering that many high net worth individuals will pay more in individual income taxes each year than most people pay in a 20 year span.
Yeah so, they're supposed to pretend to that common sence approach, don't worry most of you escape on a perenial basis.

If you really want to use the expression 'fair share', ya might want to look at the actual dollars paid by all people, not just the high income earners.

Fair would be 35% maybe 40% like everyone else but the marginal who are not as cost effecting when dinged. Ah! I see! you want our government to hire thousands of tax revenue hunters chasing the peasants arround in the bush for change. The next government has promised to be efficient.

The land is fruitfull we can grow more wealthy people easily and tax them forever. The trick is to just take enough to start them whineing and not enough to make them move.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yeah so, they're supposed to pretend to that common sence approach, don't worry most of you escape on a perenial basis.

Fair would be 35% maybe 40% like everyone else but the marginal who are not as cost effecting when dinged. Ah! I see! you want our government to hire thousands of tax revenue hunters chasing the peasants arround in the bush for change. The next government has promised to be efficient.

The land is fruitfull we can grow more wealthy people easily and tax them forever. The trick is to just take enough to start them whineing and not enough to make them move.

Tell ya what.. Seeing how you're all about fairness and equality; how's abouts we simplify the process and do this:

Divide the total cost of running the country (and provinces, cities, etc) by the total number of people living here.

A simple invoice sent once a year.

You interested?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Tell ya what.. Seeing how you're all about fairness and equality; how's abouts we simplify the process and do this:

Divide the total cost of running the country (and provinces, cities, etc) by the total number of people living here.

You interested?

I'm not about being fair or equal and it's called income tax not people tax. You forget that the rich are tasked by Jesus hissef to use thier great intelligence and abilitys including loot charitably as you would have your neighbour do should he be in the same advatageous position due to the grace of God. No it is a bad idea. And entirely without the Christian tradition. merry christmas

Do you spend time in the basement fondling your first nickle?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's a pretty aggressive comment considering that many high net worth individuals will pay more in individual income taxes each year than most people pay in a 20 year span.

If you really want to use the expression 'fair share', ya might want to look at the actual dollars paid by all people, not just the high income earners

I was referring to people like those shown in the report Peter Mansbridge was doing investigating - on a income of $26 million paid nothing. Regardless, if though I don't totally agree with the law, people should try to get it changed if they don't like it. If you've been reading my posts I've said numerous times people shouldn't be paying extra onerous tax just because they are rich. Perhaps a ceiling something like $100,000 would be a good compromise.

You interested?

It might work for me but I also think it might result in a bunch of bad debt! :)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yep..........................................for the A$$hole who doesn't want to contribute his share to help his country to run properly!
Like the Paul Martin family enterprise?

What would be fair is everyone paying the same amount of money.What you make is irrelevant.

I'm not about being fair or equal and it's called income tax not people tax. You forget that the rich are tasked by Jesus hissef to use thier great intelligence and abilitys including loot charitably as you would have your neighbour do should he be in the same advatageous position due to the grace of God. No it is a bad idea. And entirely without the Christian tradition. merry christmas

Do you spend time in the basement fondling your first nickle?

The freeloaders rarely are about being fair. Just about having someone else pay.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It will work just the same as today's system works

Not if the amount of tax is greater than the income! :)

I think before any tax formula is established a base rate for the necessities of life in different areas has to be figured out. It might go something like one person = x, 2 people = 1.6x, 3 people 1.9x and so on. That might work for a family in Spuzzum, so there would have to be a multiplier for people living in Vernon and another for people living in Vancouver or Toronto, etc. etc.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Then scale back the services.

You gotta pay if ya wanna play

I agree to a certain extent. The exceptions would be necessary health care and anything to do with the development of children. (Every child has to have the opportunity to reach his/her full potential)