Harper caving in regarding importing refugees.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Conservative government aims to resettle 10,000 Syrian refugees by September 2016 - Politics - CBC News

I honestly thought Harper was smarter than that- I'm afraid he'll lose a lot of support for that move, so now we have a choice between Eeny, Meany and Miney. F**k it, maybe I'll support the Rhino Candidate here. I think it's safe to predict with this latest move, Mulehair will be the next Prime Minister. Harper just threw away a lot of the support he had. Oh well, that will be interesting watch, if we can afford him. :) So we have Eeny, Meany Miney and Rhiny.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
He is still following the process and just increased the speed. I don't think 10k is too much and not much and we likely can handle that number.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Are they?

From all reports I hear, hardly a month goes by that we don't hear the shelves are almost bare at the food bank and just check out the number of people waiting for joint replacements. There's a shortage of doctors and nurses in many of the smaller communities. It will be Bedlam when they dump another ten thousand on us in one fell swoop.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Welcome to the Brokanagan.

Carbon taxes sucked the tourism dollar out of the valley. Why go there only to pay out the ***. If I want get fresh air and pay 25 to 30 cents more per litre I'll go to the Yukon or better yet pay $1 a L Canadian from here to all the way to Vegas and have a far better time for half to a third cheaper for hotel, food and drink.

If you end up in the hospital in Vernon, say hi to Jackie and Joanne for me.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Welcome to the Brokanagan.

Carbon taxes sucked the tourism dollar out of the valley. Why go there only to pay out the ***. If I want get fresh air and pay 25 to 30 cents more per litre I'll go to the Yukon or better yet pay $1 a L Canadian from here to all the way to Vegas and have a far better time for half to a third cheaper for hotel, food and drink.

If you end up in the hospital in Vernon, say hi to Jackie and Joanne for me.

I think those days are over, I've been repaired. Are you talking about Joanne who does the Echo cardiograms? I just saw her last week. Nice lady- possibly getting close to retirement. She used to work in the hospital in Saskatoon.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If Harper can spend $25 million importing refugees, why can't he spend a fraction of that bringing Attawapiskat up to snuff? Or the aboriginals in Manitoba who are suffering?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Before you are going to go off half cocked, note that they are actually not increasing the commitment, just the speed of reaching the commitment.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If they can't manage money, give them more?

There's very few people in the country who couldn't spin their money out a little further. If you feel there's a risk involved some of the money could go directly to the contractor. (after a minimum of three bids are received)