A Serious Question For Conservative Supporters

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
As somebody that considers himself fiscally conservative, I abandoned the PCs when the Reform party started up. The Reform/Alliance party was taken over by social conservatives and I soon abandoned that party. I have heard nothing from the Conservative Party or its supporters this election on policies or platforms. Instead I've heard attacks on Justin and Mulcair and warnings about how bad they will be.

As a fiscally conservative, socially liberal voter, I see the Conservatives as everything I am not. My question is, as a voter with little use for Justin or Mulcair, does the Conservatives having anything to offer me other than put downs of others?

...and thanks in advance flossy but your input isn't really required here.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I ask what have the Conservatives done wrong to warrant the others in? Most of the complaints I've heard are biased bs wanking.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I ask what have the Conservatives done wrong to warrant the others in? Most of the complaints I've heard are biased bs wanking.

That's kinda my point. It doesn't seem like anybody can really defend the last few years without bringing up the other parties. It's like supporters know the party's record can't stand on its own merit. This election seems to be mirroring the Alberta election where only a small minority wanted a Dipper government but enough people casted a protest vote against the Conservatives. "The devil you know" campaign tactic failed miserably.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Always......and so are you.....Dance cannuck dance!

I'm sorry for asking you an uncomfortable question. You can always run away and hide. It would be less embarrassing for you than highlighting your trollish nature. Didn't we recently get a new mod that was trying to clamp down on your continuous thread derailment? I guess that didn't fly.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
He just mad because of what Harper has done for seniors....
We all know how junior doesn't like Seniors...don't we?

Deficit financing definitely favours seniors as it artificially improves standards of living while passing off the cost to younger generations. I can see how you would consider that a good thing. If that is your contribution to the promotion of the Conservative Party, perhaps you should just run along. I don't think they need your type of help.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Actually for a change cannuck has a valid point. There are a great number of fiscal conservatives that don't have much use for the conservative party's wacky drug policies and influence of born agains in forming government policy.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Actually for a change cannuck has a valid point. There are a great number of fiscal conservatives that don't have much use for the conservative party's wacky drug policies and influence of born agains in forming government policy.

I have no use for the war on drugs...just an incredible waste of scarce resources.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
While I don't agree with his policy on certain drugs or his treatment of veterans...to name just two....I find him the lesser of "three"evils;-)

And the influence of born again is preferable to Sharia law...

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
While I don't agree with his policy on certain drugs or his treatment of veterans...to name just two....I find him the lesser of "three"evils;-)

Thanks for pointing out the sad reality of Canadian politics. I think I will go slash my wrists now since shooting politicians is still illegal.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It's death by a thousand cuts for them.

The laundry list of egregious actions by this government is exponentially greater than what has come before.

And the fact that they are buoyed by people who still believe we should have a death penalty or that we shouldn't have abortion or that are just bluntly racist says it all.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Based on the last few years, that would be highly unlikely. What are they going to change?

In the last few years it became clear Harper really wasn't a hard nose push it through at any cost oil man. On the other hand, we've finally seen western Canada embark on absolutely massive infrastructure projects that were 70 years overdue. Ontario is no longer the center of the universe. Western Canada is the future of Canada and no longer ignored. Europe and America aren't buying but Asia is. Without infrastructure to get goods to Pacific ports, there won't be a rekindling of Eastern Canadian manufacturing. If this priority gets sidetracked, we will stagnate. Then there is Canadian energy independence. When we are no longer importing to supply 2/3 of Canadians the money stays in Canada and we ditch energy priced in USD.

Do you want to go back to being second fiddle?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Answer: A future.

So the Harper Conservatives offer something coming as early as this afternoon even if they should disappear in the mean time.And of course only a Conservative voter would believe Harpler has the power of time in his office closet.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

On a big scale, Conservatives have done very little wrong. Most of the 'scandals' are a tempest in a teacup. Duffy, Brazeau and Wallin are being dealt with. By and large Harper has provided us with good Gov't. For those bad mouthing Harper over the perception of him badmouthing his opponents, actually they have it in reverse. The two goofs are promising far more than the funding in place to deliver.

Cannuck being "Silly" again!

Are you surprised?

And the influence of born again is preferable to Sharia law...

I agree that the treatment of a FEW veterans has been poor. Most of the Veterans have benefitted from the gov't. Subsidized housing and education, a guaranteed income for life. I agree that much more can be done for the ones who have been shot up or suffering P.T.S.D. Veterans willingly embarked on their career knowing what the risks are.