Obscene if not criminal situation in Vancouver!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What do you expect out of Vanloser?

Severance after 7 years? How about $100 for every year of service. She got paid all the years she worked. This is f**king ridiculous. Makes me wonder what Harper will get if he gets the boot!

That f**king mayor should go at the same time...................................no severance!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Severance after 7 years? How about $100 for every year of service. She got paid all the years she worked. This is f**king ridiculous. Makes me wonder what Harper will get if he gets the boot!

That f**king mayor should go at the same time...................................no severance!

Look it up. I forget what it is but he isn't going to be eating cat food.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The Larger Question is Why are people on this forum so obsessed with and jealous of Vancouver?

(Of course if you saw the miserable third world grade sh!tholes they pay to live their so called lives in you'd know why.)

I don't think jealous is quite the right word.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Under Ballem's open-ended contract, council was required to give her 20 months' notice if she were to be relieved of her duties, but Robertson said council decided on Tuesday to give her 20 months' severance pay instead.

Still have comprehension problems I see. Or is this another example of you not reading the entire article?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I do-that's why it's so easy to troll the old fool backwoods losers here.

I almost feel guilty doing it sometime-almost......

Quit fooling yourself, we're still basking in the sunshine in November while you're decked out in Bone Dries and Gumboots. We can generally expect to walk around town with out getting mugged. We can still find free parking close to down town and pay a dollar an hour at the very most. Most of the sub burbs here are within walking distance of down town. Our houses are 1/3 to 1/2 the price of yours. Yeah, I'm green with jealousy!

Under Ballem's open-ended contract, council was required to give her 20 months' notice if she were to be relieved of her duties, but Robertson said council decided on Tuesday to give her 20 months' severance pay instead.

Still have comprehension problems I see. Or is this another example of you not reading the entire article?

I don't give a phuck about the excuses, the contract was rotten to begin with and Robertson's decision shows nothing short of crass inconsideration and ignorance toward the taxpayers.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't give a phuck about the excuses, the contract was rotten to begin with and Robertson's decision shows nothing short of crass inconsideration and ignorance toward the taxpayers.

So, would you rather that they give her the 20 months notice and she sit on her a$$ in her office and get sweet piss all done until her 20 months are up?

It is common practice, for quite a few years now, for companies to pay out the severance rather than give notice. It avoids disgruntled employees screwing the company while on their "notice" period.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So, would you rather that they give her the 20 months notice and she sit on her a$$ in her office and get sweet piss all done until her 20 months are up?

It is common practice, for quite a few years now, for companies to pay out the severance rather than give notice. It avoids disgruntled employees screwing the company while on their "notice" period.

I admit to being old fashioned as I was brought up to believe that any pay we got had to be worked for. Of course when you are in the work force for almost 40 years you find that is not always the case, but when someone gets paid as much for 20 months of non work as I earned in my whole working life, it's just a little (lot) beyond the pale. The taxpayers who are being dinged for this should march on City Hall, at the exact minute the bitch is leaving with her cheque.
(P.S. Bitch is the proper term for someone who can do this to her fellow citizens.)

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Of course when you are in the work force for almost 40 years you find that is not always the case, but when someone gets paid as much for 20 months of non work as I earned in my whole working life, it's just a little (lot) beyond the pale....
If all you made in almost 40 years was a lousy 500 grand it's understandable why you're such a crybaby.

In Fact the sum she got is chump change in this place-it won't even buy her a garage.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If all you made in almost 40 years was a lousy 500 grand it's understandable why you're such a crybaby.

And that sentence just confirms your crass ignorance. When I started working and for 10 years thereafter $4,000 - $5,000 a year was a princely salary. When I retired 17 years ago I was earning between $50 and $60,000. I may have earned $700,000 in my life. And as far as being a cry baby is concerned you are one of the biggest f**king whiners on the forum, so stick that where the sun don't shine!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So, since you made some paltry amount over your life time you feel you should be able to begrudge some one else doing better?

It was written into her contract because they only offered her an open contract. This meant that they could let her go at any time. Writing a notice clause was, not only smart, but the best way for her to cover her own a$$.