California Confirms 'Roundup' Will Be Labeled "Cancer Causing"

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Monsanto Stunned - California Confirms 'Roundup' Will Be Labeled "Cancer Causing"

California just dealt Monsanto a blow as the state’s Environmental Protection Agency will now list glyphosate - the toxic main ingredient in the U.S.’ best-selling weedkiller, Roundup - as known to cause cancer.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/#ixzz3ljc7gp84

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Well, it wouldn't surprise me if Monsanto knew that already. But either way, who in their right mind would ingest or inhale it in the first place? Or even handle it without gloves?

Oh, yeah, I forgot, sheeple need to be told about hazards because they can't think for themselves. Humans need warnings that stoves may be hot, there's a risk of falling if climbing ladders, etc.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
the chemical salesman came to farm once and to prove to us that Roundup was safe, he drank some. This would have been about 25 to 30 years ago. I have often wondered how he died. A more important point for me is that we used it. My kids Dad was the only one who sprayed. He used rubber gloves and a rubber apron but wore a ball cap and leather type boots. He is in his early 60's and no longer farms. I just despised spraying time.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
I am not a fool. Chemicals that kill weeds, can kill people. He had to break the seal on the container then pour it into the tank. If there was any kind of a breeze he would be driving into it, every other round. The rest of his family (my father-in-law and his other son) refused to spray. When I was pregnant with my son for some asinine reason I leaned on the sprayer and spent the next 4 months wondering about birth defects. As a result of all this I would not let my son do any of the spraying. No matter how I felt about it his father was not going to do any different. Roundup is very effective.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
if you make a mistake with farm chemicals, we farmed 1800 acres so dealt with a lot of poison. I rather erred on the side of caution. We had a friend who could see no problem with the effective use of gasoline to clean his hands at the end of the day. Certainly made his hands clean.