Is Chretien starting to lose it?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I heard on C.B.C. news channel he's whining about Harper shaming Canada! Is he losing it or is that just politicking a la 2015?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Remind me of which parties opposed blowing the IShole to bits in Parliament?

CPC? Libs? NDPQ? Greenie Weenies?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
In an open letter published Saturday morning in several newspapers, former prime minister Jean Chrétien says he is ashamed of Stephen Harper.

"In my travels around the globe, I am regularly asked: What has happened to Canada? What has happened to the advanced, peace-seeking, progressive country Canada once was? What has happened to the country that was a model for peace and stability in a tumultuous world? These questions evoke great sadness in me," Chrétien wrote.

"I am sad to see that in fewer than 10 years, the Harper government has tarnished almost 60 years of Canada's reputation as a builder of peace and progress."

He implored Canadians to "choose a government in line with our great tradition of peace-building, initiated by Mr. Pearson and promoted by all of his successors until the arrival of the Harper administration.

"Let's take back our place in the world."

more

Canada’s true role in the Mideast conflict - The Globe and Mail

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lol Yeah, we all know that Chretien has never exaggerated or made an oops or told a lil white one. :roll:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
lol Yeah, we all know that Chretien has never exaggerated or made an oops or told a lil white one. :roll:

Yes he has.

The only time I voted Liberal was for him when he waved his Red Book and said he would 'rip up the free trade agreement Mulroney had just signed'.

But if you read the letter he wrote he talks about the Canada I grew up in and the one my Father and others I didn't know fought for......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY9x0AHUa-E

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yup. Him too.
Unfortunately, the replacements we get for the politicians that left are no better.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
In an open letter published Saturday morning in several newspapers, former prime minister Jean Chrétien says he is ashamed of Stephen Harper.

"In my travels around the globe, I am regularly asked: What has happened to Canada? What has happened to the advanced, peace-seeking, progressive country Canada once was? What has happened to the country that was a model for peace and stability in a tumultuous world? These questions evoke great sadness in me," Chrétien wrote.

"I am sad to see that in fewer than 10 years, the Harper government has tarnished almost 60 years of Canada's reputation as a builder of peace and progress."

He implored Canadians to "choose a government in line with our great tradition of peace-building, initiated by Mr. Pearson and promoted by all of his successors until the arrival of the Harper administration.

"Let's take back our place in the world."

more

Canada’s true role in the Mideast conflict - The Globe and Mail
Our reputation as peace keepers for over 60 years . Which just happens to put us at the end of world war 2 .
We were at that time a nation of peace makers .

The reason we were effective peacekeepers was because everyone knew we were excellent peace makers .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There is nobody on the face of this planet who Cons would acknowledge or give credence to who dissed their fearless hero. Harper is an embarrassment to the majority of Canadians. He has tarnished our international reputation, degraded our human rights and freedoms, he is a war monger, Yanky wannabe azz kissing megalomaniac psychopath and the sooner we dump his sorry azz the better off Canada will be.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
There is nobody on the face of this planet who Cons would acknowledge or give credence to who dissed their fearless hero. Harper is an embarrassment to the majority of Canadians. He has tarnished our international reputation, degraded our human rights and freedoms, he is a war monger, Yanky wannabe azz kissing megalomaniac psychopath and the sooner we dump his sorry azz the better off Canada will be.
Don't worry Cliffy your long past the age for conscription .

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Words to the effect "Harper is shaming Canada because of his slowness to respond to the refugee crisis"- more or less.

Which is basically a bunch of bullplop. I'm sorry, but I don't WANT a crap-ton of refugees coming to Canada. There are other places that they could have went to, but they want the free anemities that they will receive if they come here. And I didn't know that so many refugees could afford brand-new cellphones. Of course, they parade the kids front and centre so that the bleeding hearts will feel sorry for them and invite them over with open arms. We already can't help the homeless that we have, how would tens of thousands more help us at all?

I'm not going to lie. When I go to vote, I will be voting Conservative, but that is because I feel that they offer the best chance for our borders to be the safest (I think all the choices are poor, but that one is the best in my eyes). Wynne wants to bring in 10000 refugees to Ontario. With tax payer's dollars. Dollars we DON"T have! Are they even going to have proper screening? I doubt it. We can't support 10000 refugees. There is a reason why Australia has closed their borders to this, and I honestly think we need to start thinking the same. We don't have the money, resources, or room.

Only every time he opened his mouth...;)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Which is basically a bunch of bullplop. I'm sorry, but I don't WANT a crap-ton of refugees coming to Canada. There are other places that they could have went to, but they want the free anemities that they will receive if they come here. And I didn't know that so many refugees could afford brand-new cellphones. Of course, they parade the kids front and centre so that the bleeding hearts will feel sorry for them and invite them over with open arms. We already can't help the homeless that we have, how would tens of thousands more help us at all?

I'm not going to lie. When I go to vote, I will be voting Conservative, but that is because I feel that they offer the best chance for our borders to be the safest (I think all the choices are poor, but that one is the best in my eyes). Wynne wants to bring in 10000 refugees to Ontario. With tax payer's dollars. Dollars we DON"T have! Are they even going to have proper screening? I doubt it. We can't support 10000 refugees. There is a reason why Australia has closed their borders to this, and I honestly think we need to start thinking the same. We don't have the money, resources, or room.

Hey we're conducting bombing raids over there, them things cost a lot of money too.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
We'd have more money if Wynne coughed up the millions and millions she syphoned from Natural Gas.;)

Political corruption and waste every where we look.