Crane collapses at Mecca's Grand Mosque, at least 65 dead

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- At least 65 people were killed and scores were wounded Friday when a crane collapsed in the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia's civil defence authority said.

The accident happened as pilgrims from around the world converged on the city, Islam's holiest site, for the annual Hajj pilgrimage, which takes place this month.

The civil defence authority announced the collapse and a series of rising casualty numbers on its official Twitter account. It said 154 people were wounded in the accident.

Videos and photos posted by social media users showed a grisly scene, with police and onlookers attending to multiple bloodied bodies on the polished mosque floors.

Pan-satellite Al-Jazeera Television broadcast footage from inside the mosque compound said to be from the aftermath of the accident, showing the floor strewn with rubble and what appear to be pools of blood.

Another video, on a Twitter posting, captured the apparent moment of the crane's collapse during a heavy rainstorm, with a loud boom, screams and confusion.

At least 65 dead in crane collapse at Grand Mosque in Mecca: Saudi civil defence | CTV News

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I can't believe that you of all people have bought into the MSM's corrupt messages... We all know that this is Harper's fault... Flossy should be along shortly to provide a link and a few polls detailing Harper's involvement and guilt

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I can't believe that you of all people have bought into the MSM's corrupt messages... We all know that this is Harper's fault... Flossy should be along shortly to provide a link and a few polls detailing Harper's involvement and guilt
Of course. If Canada had offered asylum to the victims, they wouldn't be dead! It's MURDER, I tells ya!

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

BS. Its Obama's fault!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Because they are brown?

No that's your Trumpgasims beef, brown people..

Because they are Muslim, and your local Boston terrorists were not brown.. Americans are so ignorant.

Hey Walter, I get it... You're pissed at me for bashing Trump. I get it, you have a man crush on Trump and are neg'ing all my post..

Not that I care, but I just wanted to point out your childish behaviour and your man crush.

Eagle is in good company with Walter...

Gods will.

Allahs LOL

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Of course it is God's will, so why are you so glad, Jews and Zionist?
And who knows about those killed by the accident, are they good or evil?

{Say [Mohammed, to them:] "Then avert the [appointed] death from yourselves [when your hour of death is due], if you are truthful [in your claim.]" } Quran 3: 168

Moreover, you who are glad at the accident befalling the Muslims, whom God will reward in the Next Life, you should know that you are not exempted from the decree of God in your travels and sojourning:

{34. For every nation [denying their messenger] there is an appointed term [for punishment and destruction];
so when their appointed term come they cannot delay it nor bring it earlier even for one hour.
a}
Quran 7: 34
a i.e. none can change the stated time for sending the punishment on them, so that none can bring it earlier or delay it even for one hour.

So I say: when your time will come inevitably none can bring it forward or postpone it for one hour, and you will not find at that time any helper, while you are atheists and disbelievers.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
You can't blame Jews and Zionists for God's will unless you think they prayed harder and God agreed.

Jews and Zionist of course are glad at the accident befalling the Muslims, and it is so evident.
But I tell you this, none can know God's plan; some of my friends said: it may be God punished those victims; who knows? Some Muslims have associated the imams and sheikhs with God, and some of them are wrong-doers.

While the illusion of the disbeliever is that God gives him prosperity and gives him wealth and increase him in wealth and children, so he thinks that God gave him such bounties because He loves him, and he is preferred by Him, while it is only the trial.

Therefore, Prophet Solomon when he saw his glorious kingdom and his might and wealth, what he said:
{Then when [Solomon] saw the [throne of Balquis] settled in the [room of his palace]; he said:
"All this [wealth, sovereignty, servants and retinue that I have] is among the favors of my Lord [on me]: so that He may try me and see whether I shall give thanks [for this favor] or shall be ungrateful.
}
Quran 27: 40

I mean what these Zionist see of blessings at the present time, is not because they are preferred, but on the contrary: God gives them in the life of the World, so that they will increase in their contumacy and disbelief, and so they will lose in the Next Life.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Man's errors are not God's will nor are they the work of Shatan, Jinn, Jews, Zionists, Christians or dirt worshipping heathens.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Every accident befalling man is because of his work, which brings God's punishment on him.
Satan or the Devil incites man to be a wrong-doer and so he incurs God's punishment.

{42: 30. Whatever affliction may visit you is [only a punishment] for [the sins and wrong-doing] that your own hands earn;
and He pardons many [of your sins and wrong-doing.
c]}
c So that He does not hasten to punish you accordingly.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- At least 65 people were killed and scores were wounded Friday when a crane collapsed in the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia's civil defence authority said.

The accident happened as pilgrims from around the world converged on the city, Islam's holiest site, for the annual Hajj pilgrimage, which takes place this month.

The civil defence authority announced the collapse and a series of rising casualty numbers on its official Twitter account. It said 154 people were wounded in the accident.

Videos and photos posted by social media users showed a grisly scene, with police and onlookers attending to multiple bloodied bodies on the polished mosque floors.

Pan-satellite Al-Jazeera Television broadcast footage from inside the mosque compound said to be from the aftermath of the accident, showing the floor strewn with rubble and what appear to be pools of blood.

Another video, on a Twitter posting, captured the apparent moment of the crane's collapse during a heavy rainstorm, with a loud boom, screams and confusion.

At least 65 dead in crane collapse at Grand Mosque in Mecca: Saudi civil defence | CTV News
Sorry to hear of this. Sympathies go out to their friends and families.

Still makes me wonder where are the gods of people are if they cannot or will not even protect the ones they supposedly love. The usual replies are things like "It's <choose your god>'s will", ""He works in mysterious ways", "It must be punishment for their evil", "It must have been their time to be with <choose your god>", and probably another half dozen generic cliches.
In the meantime, the survivors are wounded and in pain in some way or another (physically or emotionally). And it is the same old rerun of the same old cliches; "It's <choose your god>'s will", ""He works in mysterious ways", "It must be punishment for their evil", "It must have been <choose your god>'s test for them", and so on and so forth.
Yeah, uhuh. It's vastly more reasonable to think that gods simply don't have the time, energy, desire, etc. to fix things, if they even exist.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I heard they are short on cash in Saudi Arabia and by trying to cut corners induced the accident.

Is this incorrect?