Setting an example

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
If I were the employer, I'd have 9 words to say, "Praise your lord if you want, but you're fired". Plenty of people around that can do the job they are paid to do.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
she wasn't jailed for being a Christian. She was jailed for ignoring the law. She had a choice, she could have issued the marriage licenses or she could have stepped aside. She decided to get her 15 minutes of fame over this.

Plus, her reasoning for not issuing shows how much of a hypocrite she is based on her own life. She is a walking example of what is wrong with marriage today. How many divorces?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If I were the employer, I'd have 9 words to say, "Praise your lord if you want, but you're fired". Plenty of people around that can do the job they are paid to do.

The main thing here is that she is in a public sector job. She doesn't own the business, it's operated by the government. Therefore, if it is lawful for homosexuals to marry (as it should be), then no matter her personal convictions then she has to obey the law. If she doesn't like it, then she can always find a different job.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
ROFL

Bible-thumping morons just love feeding themselves to the lions to prove their devotion. I wonder if anybody has figured out how to take full advantage of them yet?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This is exactly the same as a county clerk using his deeply-held belief that interracial marriage is immoral or ungodly to deny marriage licenses to mixed-race couples in violation of the law.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
This is exactly the same as a county clerk using his deeply-held belief that interracial marriage is immoral or ungodly to deny marriage licenses to mixed-race couples in violation of the law.

And that should be punished just as harshly.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1 (1967).
The case you cited is from Virginia, the clerk in this thread works in Kentucky. Even though I do not live in the US I'm pretty sure that Virginia and Kentucky do not share a county. I'll pray your dementia does not get worse

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The case you cited is from Virginia, the clerk in this thread works in Kentucky. Even though I do not live in the US I'm pretty sure that Virginia and Kentucky do not share a county. I'll pray your dementia does not get worse
The case I cited is from the United States Supreme Court. Virginia is one of the parties.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're even dumber'n I thought.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The case I cited is from the United States Supreme Court. Virginia is one of the parties.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're even dumber'n I thought.
Just admit you lost this one, you'll feel better and seem less foolish.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just admit you lost this one, you'll feel better and seem less foolish.
U.S. Supreme Court decisions apply to the entire country, just like Canadian Supreme Court decisions.

You are a complete fool, and you just proved it beyond doubt even to your buddies.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
U.S. Supreme Court decisions apply to the entire country, just like Canadian Supreme Court decisions.

You are a complete fool, and you just proved it beyond doubt even to your buddies.
You said it was the same county. You are wrong, just admit it and you'll feel better and seem less foolish.