No infidels allowed........

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Austin Lewis is a 21-year-old Toronto man who’s paralyzed, and confined to a wheelchair. He needs public housing.
But when Lewis applied to live in a taxpayer-subsidized apartment on Finch Avenue in Toronto, he was told he wasn’t allowed — because he wasn’t a Muslim!
But here’s the craziest part: not only did the City of Toronto know about this ban on non-Muslims, they approved it in a special contract with the Muslim mosque that runs the place. So taxpayers of all religions are forced to subsidize a special apartment building just for Muslims.
No infidels allowed. Sharia law has come to Toronto — with City Hall’s blessing.

More: no_infidels_allowed - The Rebel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JJKhDKpmw

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That is tolerance... I guess.
A lot of people called Ben Tover at city council.......

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I think that someone should put together a court challenge against that kind of bigotry. The Bill of Rights specifically says that you can't use religion to discriminate against others. Does the city of Toronto really want to create exclusive ghettos like that? Are newcomers who use public resources to believe that they are "separate and better" than the rest of us really going to make good citizens in a polyglot society? They are learning the wrong lessons and being put on a government sanctioned isolated ghetto will likely ruin them from becoming good, tolerant Canadians.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Austin Lewis is a 21-year-old Toronto man who’s paralyzed, and confined to a wheelchair. He needs public housing.
But when Lewis applied to live in a taxpayer-subsidized apartment on Finch Avenue in Toronto, he was told he wasn’t allowed — because he wasn’t a Muslim!
But here’s the craziest part: not only did the City of Toronto know about this ban on non-Muslims, they approved it in a special contract with the Muslim mosque that runs the place. So taxpayers of all religions are forced to subsidize a special apartment building just for Muslims.
No infidels allowed. Sharia law has come to Toronto — with City Hall’s blessing.

More: no_infidels_allowed - The Rebel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JJKhDKpmw

Nothing to do with Sharia law, but the City of Toronto never should have approved it. It might even be unconstitutional.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Strange there is no CBC story on the matter. People here are yammering bias but they seem to be the only major network which failed to cover this. For those that deny any CBC bias, let us remember this.

It was discussed on cBC Radio One, here and they interviewed the responsible City of Toronto bureaucrat, who was beaming about what a human rights triumph this is, providing "special" services for our newcomers.

Strange, but true.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
It was discussed on cBC Radio One, here and they interviewed the responsible City of Toronto bureaucrat, who was beaming about what a human rights triumph this is, providing "special" services for our newcomers.

Strange, but true.
was the bureaucrap's name pronounceable?

I think Toronto need's to sell this building to the mosque.

then the renter's monthly payments will go to paying down their substantial mortgage.

outrage remedied.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm not surprised......
But did the CBC interview the bureaucrap before? or after the man was refused the public housing?

It was after ... and he implied that this sort of thing happens all of the time, the Human Rights tribunal approves and that is just the way that it is.

I'd sue them right up to the Supreme Court, if necessary. Put me down for a crowd source donation to the legal fund of the poor guy who has been waiting for a unit for years.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Imagine the outrage if there was a no-Muslim facility.

There are quite a few of them. Drive around your town, they're everywhere. Baycrest, Columbus. Jew and Catholic respectively. They are both huge and have been around a long time. I saw many other ethnic homes when I was delivering bulk adult diapers.
So I guess it just depends on your point of view and what political philosophy you attend.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
There are quite a few of them. Drive around your town, they're everywhere. Baycrest, Columbus. Jew and Catholic respectively. They are both huge and have been around a long time. I saw many other ethnic homes when I was delivering bulk adult diapers.
So I guess it just depends on your point of view and what political philosophy you attend(s).
lol

ya just had to fit it in there!

depends and attends?

you never quit working, do you?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So I guess it just depends on your point of view and what political philosophy you attend.

Or you assume that these types of things don't exist. They seem wrong to me regardless of the religion.